Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #1

I've heard several of you mention an ABC list of camping before pulling out but I can't find it. Will some of you wiser Rvers list some of the things we need to do before pulling out in our 26T Wilderness TT. I want to print out the list and keep it in the TT. Thanks so much.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #2

I've heard several of you mention an ABC list of camping before pulling out but I can't find it. Will some of you wiser Rvers list some of the things we need to do before pulling out in our 26T Wilderness TT. I want to print out the list and keep it in the TT. Thanks so much.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
020202, you can do a search by clicking on the "Find" button and enter the check list you are looking for. I came up with about three pages of results on these lists. Good luck and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:18 AM   #4

Hi 020202 from Prince George. I found this site and thought it might just fit your needs.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/

He has several checklists available.

443 days till freedom

'04 F150 5.4L 3.73 HD Tow
WillYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #5

One of the most common things that RVers do not do is put down their TV antenna. Our old RV had a signal but the current one does not and we forgot to do it one time and had some damage done to the mechanism. Now I have a list and it is on there. At one RV park they even had a small sign as you left and that was on there along with do you have your wife/husband on board?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #6

I have found that while the "canned" checklists are handy, it is better to sit down and create your own that is specific to you and your set-up. This way, you can add things that are unique and/or change the order to be in concert with the way you do things.

Use the available existing checklists as a point of departure.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #7

At Camping World and other RV supply stores you can get a hang down that works as a reminder to do this so it must be pretty common. Now we do have our own checklist and keep it on the computer where we add to it from time to time. It is amazing what you might forget to do so it is best to double check. Some things cost money. I always think of the saying you do not have time to do it right but you have time to do it over. Instead you do not do it right so it ends up costing you money in an RV.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WeBrzn2:
I have found that while the "canned" checklists are handy, it is better to sit down and create your own that is specific to you and your set-up. This way, you can add things that are unique and/or change the order to be in concert with the way you do things.

Use the available existing checklists as a point of departure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactly what I did. http://www.disneycampers.com has a list as do a couple of other places I can't remember. I printed all of them, adjusted to fit our needs, then put them in a spreadsheet. I categorized them by perishable, things that need restocking on occasion, things that should always be there, personal items, food, etc. That way it is easy to do. The "things that should always be there group" I can do a week ahead and then the "perishable food" group happens the day before. If anyone would like me to email them my list, I would be happy to. Just remember, it has been edited for a popup so tips like put the antennae down won't be on there.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:07 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WeBrzn2:
I have found that while the "canned" checklists are handy, it is better to sit down and create your own that is specific to you and your set-up. This way, you can add things that are unique and/or change the order to be in concert with the way you do things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I downloaded the checklist I was interested in from http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/ as a template and then went to editing. I plan on plastisizing it and just using a dry-erase pen to check off the items on the list as they get accomplished. This may be a bit much for some people but the way my memory seems to be nowadays I have to have my name written on the inside of my glasses so I can glance up once in awhile to see who I am.

425 days till freedom

'04 F150 5.4L 3.73 HD Tow
WillYum is offline   Reply With Quote