Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
I'm evious of the mpg or mprb this dude gets.
He's way over loaded for an SRW, definitely needs a dually.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I hope everyone takes away from this thread, that people are all basically the same.
Very true. I've traveled to many countries, including communist countries, and regardless of where you go, people have the same wants, needs, desires...and the Chinese are no different.

pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #17

The Chinese are now producing cars that equal the ones from the USA which should not be too surprising as GM provided billions of dollars and lots of technology transfer to build auto plants in China. No different than the investments made by thousands of other US companies often with the active support of the US Chamber of Commerce and the US Commerce Department. Exporting jobs to Asia is very profitable for US companies and their senior management and owners - look at Wal-Mart which pays its Chinese factory workers less than $3 a day to work 14 hour days 7 days a week.

Chinese yachts are as well made as any boat made in the USA. They have a shipbuilding tradition that started centuries before that in the USA.

When you see low quality goods from China it is because that is what American companies like Wal-Mart and Lowe's and Harbor Freight want to sell to their customers. If people really wanted quality they would get it but at the present time the top quality Chinese production is going to Europe where it is termed "German Quality". What we get in the USA is a cut below "Japanese Quality" from the Chinese factories.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This post makes me laugh since I entertained a group of Chinese tourists in a roadside rest in Conneticut last fall!
We were on our way home from Cape Cod and I pulled into one of their rest stops to take a break.There was a group of Chinese guys there posing for pictures on an 18 Wheeler, really funny.
I pulled far away hoping they wouldn't notice but they did.
Shortly after parking one of them noticed and alerted the others, soon there was a parade headed to my coach.
Only one of them could speak fluent english and he had a lot of questions and questions coming from the others as well.I have to admit they were quite friendly and appreciative to my wife and I spending our time with them.
They had never seen anything like this(05 Southwind) and wanted to know what I did with it and how I used it. They ask if they could come in and look at the interior and were very gracious in doing so making sure they wiped their shoes real well. Lots of pictures were taken.
I explained the best I could in short order the RV lifestyle.
They all thanked us when they left and they all walked away with a better understanding of RVing.
I think that guy pictured on the bicycle/camper looks a little familiar!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:56 AM   #19

its much more likely they (chinese) will want the RVs built here than us wanting theirs
the chinese like to buy things from here , well known name brands are popular
its like a status symbol
Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dare we hope that Chinese competition will lead to improved quality in the American RV industry? Much like the Japanese cars did much to improve the quality of American cars back in the 80's and 90"s?
A little competition is not a bad thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff
Dare we hope that Chinese competition will lead to improved quality in the American RV industry? Much like the Japanese cars did much to improve the quality of American cars back in the 80's and 90"s?
A little competition is not a bad thing.
It's not the quality that is in question but the care and attention to the fit and finish that is.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
When you see low quality goods from China it is because that is what American companies like Wal-Mart and Lowe's and Harbor Freight want to sell to their customers.
That's because that is what their customers (us) want. Stop buying the cheap stuff and they'll quit selling it.