Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Names please. There's quite a few of us out here that can benefit from knowing more specifics. We need to know the bad guys from the good guys.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing1 View Post
Company will not pay but I'm not telling you who. Just go ahead and buy one from this "unknown" company so they can stick it to you also. Misery loves company. Please join my company
Don't need to join you in your misery. Are you under a NDA (non disclosure agreement)?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #17

The op should tell the name as to protect other innocent potential buyers. I personally don't care as I never buy that crap for anything. It's better to be self insured, as I know my company will pay, no questions asked. And I get to keep the profits.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Not professional? You got to be kidding if they are screwing you and you want tell then you are doing the same to your friend_'s that RV.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
No way it is a design defect. More likely a manufacturing / unit specific problem, e.g. something left in the case, or ran it dry, etc.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeans-izzy View Post
2009 Freightliner chassis rear end differential seized at 14k miles! I've read a lot of "design defect" excuses from the extended warranty companies but thought this one took the prize at a cost of over $3,500 to yours truly! I thought with a full warranty contract for 7 years/55k miles that I was safe, wrong ! No sense in mentioning their name, very unprofessional but I just wanted everyone to know, please look over very carefully your "extended warranty"and ask lots of questions before spending your money.
Thanks for listening !
Without posting ALL of the details of the failure, your maintenance history, and yes, the name of the extended warranty company, this post was pretty much a waste of time other than simply giving yourself the opportunity to vent.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Without posting ALL of the details of the failure, your maintenance history, and yes, the name of the extended warranty company, this post was pretty much a waste of time other than simply giving yourself the opportunity to vent.
Agreed!!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #22

Well, having been a Factory Rep for over 38 years in the 'Trucking Industry', I can guess who the axle manufacturer is. They have a Warranty on their product & THAT warranty takes preference over any extended contract you may have purchased. The Dealership you dealt with should have the contacts they need to deal with the vehicle or axle manufacturer & "IF" there is a "Design Defect", it would be covered under the Axle Manufacturers Warranty. Without the whole story it is difficult to direct you to the correct source to have your claim properly addressed. I would also be interested as to the description of the 'so called Design Defect'.

Reg
Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #23

If you're not willing to provide the name of the warranty company that denied your claim, which may help others on the forum, your post has no value to anyone not having the same equipment.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe
If you're not willing to provide the name of the warranty company that denied your claim, which may help others on the forum, your post has no value to anyone not having the same equipment.
Did raise their post count to 12. Maybe new and not realize that every possible bad thing that could be said about every Service Contract provider has been said a dozen times already. Naming them here and calling them out by name has no bearing on current or future service approvals or denials. They don't care enough to read this stuff, tie it back to you, and have skin so thick - if they did read it, it would shed off faster than water on a ducks back. That's my opinion of them - and I still have a GS ESP and just renewed. They are what they are and my experience has been good over the years with others as well. So no sour grapes here - it's just a fact. Some things will sale through, some you fight for and others are lost causes. But all the facts or none please. It's not nice to withhold information from us.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #25

Agreed. We also have a service contract, which we, fortunately, haven't had a need to use. Some are better than others and some are really bad. I'd like to know who the scam artists are because they often catch the unsuspecting.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
doc

Appalachian Campers
I will not be as kind to the original poster as some of you guys. Not sure this happened to begin with, if it did, and he/she is unwilling to share information and back up what he/she said then perhaps Karma saw it coming has taken a big bite before this was posted. Putting something like this is a tease and then answering nothing is not only rude but also questionable in it's veracity.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I will not be as kind to the original poster as some of you guys. Not sure this happened to begin with, if it did, and he/she is unwilling to share information and back up what he/she said then perhaps Karma saw it coming has taken a big bite before this was posted. Putting something like this is a tease and then answering nothing is not only rude but also questionable in it's veracity.
very well said. This forum is based upon RV owners helping other RV owners.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We seem to be going off track with speculation not to mention some questionable remarks.

The fact the OP has not made a reply in a 24 hour period is not unusual at all.

If you've seen a reply gone don't be surprised and if you can not figure out why contact me.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote