Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Hmmmm, I'm guessing they wouldn't want me strolling around in my BORAT Bathing suit either ,even though I own a class A.
Oh we'll, their loss !

Yuck had to look up Borat suit
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream

Yuck had to look up Borat suit
Some things you can't unsee.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
The one I stayed in was absolutely beautiful. However, that isn't our cup of Tea as they say.

I'm a State Park kind of guy, I just happen to own a Class A motor home instead of a tent these days. Of course, tent campers make fun of us!

We're not Campers, we're Glampers
I think I'm going to steal the "Glampers" quote Don. That is awesome. You just have a little more space and amenities than the campers.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
It's a free country. They can do what they want, I can do what I want. I'm OK with that.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
We spent a week at a new RV Resort in Gulf Shores a couple years ago. I felt a little funny because we have a Springer Spaniel that needs to run and play and we were almost always outside but we rarely saw anyone out of there motor estates unless they were going to and from their car or walking their cat (could have been a dog).
You're lucky that you didn't find a note stuck to your "free" morning newspaper that read:

NOTE:
We have received a complaint that you have been enjoying the outdoors while your RV has been parked on our property.
We have rules and restrictions meant to discourage people like you from coming and ruining this resort for others.
Trouble makers like you, (and coaches older than 10), belong in state parks and other such places.

signed:
The Association of Better Than You Luxury Overpriced Resorts.
Our motto: "If your rig is new enough, pretty enough, and cost enough YOU may also be good enough for us".
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
There are also Rv, 5th wheel and TT parks that exclude rigs over tens years old. They are always full. It's called free enterprise capitalism. and it works!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The other side of the coin

We've had some instances of really bad neighbors while campling. Once in a county park and once in a state park. In both cases we moved as soon as we could. Once it was people in tents and another a poorly maintained old trailer, and those delightful folks had thrown their garbage UNDER MY COACH!

We were at a county park a couple of weeks back and some numbskull set up a freakin' drum set outside his tent! (What's the difference between a drummer and a 767 taking off? About 3db.). He disturbed the peace of the entire area for about 3 hours and then packed up & left. He wasn't a very good drummer either.

I can kinda see their viewpoint. They're trying to prevent these types of problems.

It's not personal but it's hard to not take it personally.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
What do the problems you cited have to do with whether or not an RV is a Class A, a Super C or a 5th Wheel, for instance? Do you think that all of us who own 5th Wheels throw garbage under MHs or set up drum sets outside the RV? That anyone without a Class A MH is trailer trash?

Yes, the Class A Only park owners certainly have a right to set up whatever rules they wish, but I would hate to think that RVers would make a blanket judgement of others based upon the type of rig that one has.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #37

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Yes, the Class A Only park owners certainly have a right to set up whatever rules they wish, but I would hate to think that RVers would make a blanket judgement of others based upon the type of rig that one has.

Rusty
Unfortunately, the can and they do.

I'll just spend my money somewhere else. Like somewhere it's appreciated. There's no reason to get worked up about it, I just move on down the road.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer

I think I'm going to steal the "Glampers" quote Don. That is awesome. You just have a little more space and amenities than the campers.
So if we're clampers in our Class A's due to space and amenities - were we crampers when we used our tents. Even though we eventually made our way to a rather large backpacking tent (Mountain Hardware Sky View III) that accompanied us in our B Van days, that tent was cramped. Roomy has a different meaning in backpacker speak. It was really nice to camp that way but we were young. Lol. Would do it all again but not now.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #39

Maybe they just want to shy away from things like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seafood festival 2013.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	34200  
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #40

Texas Boomers Club
You don't think that stuff could be hung on the awning supports of, say, an entry level gasoline Class A (or, God forbid, even a Marathon Prevost conversion or a Newell)? The type of RV doesn't define the character or behavior (or wealth, quite frankly) of the owner.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Maybe they just want to shy away from things like this
HEY!
I hung those bras there to keep YOU from coming over and bothering me....
It WORKED quite well didn't it?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not my thinking

What do the problems you cited have to do with whether or not an RV is a Class A, a Super C or a 5th Wheel, for instance? Do you think that all of us who own 5th Wheels throw garbage under MHs or set up drum sets outside the RV? That anyone without a Class A MH is trailer trash?

Did I say that I ran an RV Park? For the record I do not.

That is not my thinking, but it sure seems to be theirs. It is simply their way of 'profiling'. We all know that profiling is wrong, right?

We've been asked to send pictures (with date stamps!) when making reservations at a couple of places. At one private RV park (which was a DUMP IMHO) they walked out to our rig & did a full walk around. As I said it's very hard not to take is personally.

I liked the bras hung out to dry! Best time to meet your neighbors!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote