Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #43

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just found a class A on Craigslist for 3200. I wonder if they would have to let me in the class A only park? It does have awesome airbrushing of a coonhound on the back of it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
HEY!
I hung those bras there to keep YOU from coming over and bothering me....
It WORKED quite well didn't it?
Really it was the STAINED granny panties.

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #45

Gulf Streamers Club
Class A. Only.

Folks my original post was to just ment to do exactly what it's done provoke thoughts about things in the camping world. As was stated in one of the posts and was exactly what the wife and I talked about during lunch. There are people that have inherited their net worth and this does not mean they have be raised with respect, common sense. or maners. I could invision someone with the means to afford a class A coach but have no social skills. So with this being the case, because I arrive in a class A but I'm from the beverly hillbilly camp I'm good to go. Do any of members here watch DUCK DYNASTY on t.v.??? Although intertaining would you want to spend the week with this crew as your neighbors, I personaly wouldn't mind the intertainment . I also enjoy watching all the campers tents pop ups. small trailers. These are usually young or old campers just starting out or know there comfort zone in the camping world. I also enjoy the very wealthy that shows up with their million dollar coach and has no idea, I got to watch, (even after offering ) a middle aged know it all tear the awning off the side of the coach because it was no big deal and he could cut the corner and put it where it needed to be with no help. I have no problem helping or accepting help in tight situations. As far as the age of a coach. I would think the office personel would come out and look at the coach before sending it away or to the older sectionn of a park I know my brothers 12 yr old coach still looks like new . When all said and done I have no problem parking my super c 2008 next to a newell or prevost. I'll even socialize with them or the crew from DUCK DYNASTY.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer View Post
Folks my original post was to just ment to do exactly what it's done provoke thoughts about things in the camping world. As was stated in one of the posts and was exactly what the wife and I talked about during lunch. There are people that have inherited their net worth and this does not mean they have be raised with respect, common sense. or maners. I could invision someone with the means to afford a class A coach but have no social skills. So with this being the case, because I arrive in a class A but I'm from the beverly hillbilly camp I'm good to go. Do any of members here watch DUCK DYNASTY on t.v.??? Although intertaining would you want to spend the week with this crew as your neighbors, I personaly wouldn't mind the intertainment . I also enjoy watching all the campers tents pop ups. small trailers. These are usually young or old campers just starting out or know there comfort zone in the camping world. I also enjoy the very wealthy that shows up with their million dollar coach and has no idea, I got to watch, (even after offering ) a middle aged know it all tear the awning off the side of the coach because it was no big deal and he could cut the corner and put it where it needed to be with no help. I have no problem helping or accepting help in tight situations. As far as the age of a coach. I would think the office personel would come out and look at the coach before sending it away or to the older sectionn of a park I know my brothers 12 yr old coach still looks like new . When all said and done I have no problem parking my super c 2008 next to a newell or prevost. I'll even socialize with them or the crew from DUCK DYNASTY.

Well Said.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #47

Daytona 500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130223_121240.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	34222  
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Agree - private campground SHOULD be able to make the rules they want...
if you like it - go there, if you don't - then don't stay there ... real simple to my weak mind ....

OR, you can get the gooberment to make a 'fairness law' which tries to change the balance of nature thus messing everything up and of course is really not fair at all

If you think about it....
it's somewhat like SOME sites will have four or five forums for motorhomes and then dump all trailers, 5th wheels, and truck campers together :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ttCapture.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	34223  
Old 03-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post

Some people don't feel good unless they look down on someone.
In this case they're looking down on YOU!
If you want to feel better find someone you can look down upon.
Maybe 5th wheel or trailer owners..... who in turn can look down at pop-up owners...... who can look down on people in tents.
Then who do people in tents look down on? Lol...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Not iRV2!

We have 5 Motorhome forums and 7 trailer, 5th wheel, towing, 'expandables hybrids and lightweights', toy hauler, pop up, and truck camper forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post

If you think about it....
it's somewhat like SOME sites will have four or five forums for motorhomes and then dump all trailers, 5th wheels, and truck campers together :

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Daytona 500
Bullhead, could you explain the photo?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lets get back on topic , please. These photos have nothing to do with the OP.
thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So if we're clampers in our Class A's due to space and amenities - were we crampers when we used our tents. Even though we eventually made our way to a rather large backpacking tent (Mountain Hardware Sky View III) that accompanied us in our B Van days, that tent was cramped. Roomy has a different meaning in backpacker speak. It was really nice to camp that way but we were young. Lol. Would do it all again but not now.
Hey... The word is Glamping = Glamorous Camping

I'm actually looking foreword to breaking out my back pack and tent and Cramping this year. I miss roughing it at times.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #54

If I were building a new RV park it would surely be an upscale,adults only,self contained 40'+ resort.
There are a lot of older people who can afford an upscale quiet place to stay. Most of these people are not affected by economic downturns. And they don't come in trying to use 50% off discount coupons, complain about $2 for whatever and sneak in 6 extra people without paying.

It is no different than where anyone decides to live. I doubt that many on here choose to live in the ghetto of downtown Detroit.

To the OP, if you really want to go to a Class A only resort, you should contact them as many will allow upscale Super C and truck conversions also.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
they don't come in trying to use 50% off discount coupons, complain about $2 for whatever
You never met my wife!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post

To the OP, if you really want to go to a Class A only resort, you should contact them as many will allow upscale Super C and truck conversions also.
My question is why would you want to stay in one of these parks if you know going in you'll be the odd man out? I know by now you've checked out my avatar, but the MH is new for me, and I've spent many years in tents, TT, and 5ers, and sorry, but never did I look up to the MH crowd. But one thing I've learner from this thread is MH people are supposed to look down on others. I purchased my MH for the ease of travel, but this looking down on others is kind of cool (of course I'm talking about in traffic) . Sorry I must go now, I'm meeting Tiffy and Biff at the country club for tea!