Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #71
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
I totally disagree with that. This is America. Anyone who wants to make something of themselves can. But when we continue to give them no reason to do so with all the giveaway programs, it will only get worse. But 1st step would be to get out of bed and go to work.
Damn straight. Finally someone tells it like it is.
You want to get ahead, you can. If you choose not to buy a class A, then accept the environment that you are welcome in. Don't get an entitlement attitude just because you have an rv. I don't try to go into a Prevost only resort because i don't have one. I don't cop an attitude about it either.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

OK folks, lets please stay on topic and not get off in the weeds about where people live and politics, etc.

Thanks much.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #73

OK I've read the post and this is the way I see it.

Whether it is a tent, trailer or motorhome, I could care less. You have what you like and that's alright by me. The thing that I notice is that most RV parks do not want to deal with tents as they can charge more for space etc. for trailers, MHs etc. Also whenever I used to camp in a tent I wanted a more "roughing it" feel and atmosphere. Ever notice that State Parks tend to have a seperate area for tent campers?

As far as parks go, I worked hard, earned my money and have what I want to have. If a park doesn't like the style (Class C) that is their right but I don't want to be there anyway. This is what I have done for myself, not them. The bottom line is this.

IT IS MY MONEY I SHALL SPEND IT AS I CHOOSE AND I DON'T HAVE TO SPEND IT ANY WHERE I DO NOT WANT TO. IF MINE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH IT IS THEIR LOSS NOT MINE.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #74

We have vacant property in Tehachapi, the CCR's don't allow for mobile homes even though most I have looked at would look nicer than the stick house across the street. We once owned a mobile home in a mobile home park, the CCR's there did not allow for any stick houses to be built. We now live in stick house and wouldn't you know it, no mobile homes allowed.

My point is, the type of housing you can have almost everywhere is restricted somehow, these parks are no different.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
This reminds me of those people down the road from my house, they wished they lived in the gated area but they don't! I drive by in my MH smiling and wave as I head to the swimming area with a tall glass of ice tea. Oh did I mention the gate is a farm gate, the automatic opener is DW and the swimming area is a pond. Man life is great!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #76

Gulf Streamers Club
The original post was not about pitting tent campers against motorhome owners, or how one spends their money. The intent was to generate thoughts (I'm not suggesting a level field such as our president that everyone is equal) The class a only designation in my opinon is fine, The posts on here are correct in the fact that everyone spends their money and buys what they want. I was just curious as to if any one that had purchased a Dyna Quest (very expensive) but still registered as a Class C had any thoughts as to the attitude of these type parks? Yes, everyone reguardless of what you drive or choose to own can be obnoxious or rude and look down on people. Again as I posted earlier I enjoy watching all levels of campers / people. I would also add that I did purchase my Class C for a certain purpose and that being the towing capacity. The pulling of a 28ft trailer also was a reason for my purchse Now I also have a thought that yes some people like to travel in comfort and luxury and thats their right, The debate could go on for ever Gated communities, million dollar homes, motor coaches boats and anything else is everyones right. And yes I will honk and wave to the Class A Only parks and resorts. I'll just find the local Walmart and socialize with down to earth people. Thanks for the input and views.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
This reminds me of those people down the road from my house, they wished they lived in the gated area but they don't! I drive by in my MH smiling and wave as I head to the swimming area with a tall glass of ice tea. Oh did I mention the gate is a farm gate, the automatic opener is DW and the swimming area is a pond. Man life is great!
Man that sounds like living.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer
.....I'll just find the local Walmart and socialize with down to earth people. Thanks for the input and views.
So that's where the down to earth people are. No wonder I can't find them. I've been looking in the wrong places. Lol. Please - not another Walmart discussion. Anything but that. Down to earth people are everywhere. Some of the nicest most down to earth people I have ever met had boat loads of money. You would never know it to talk to them. Some have the trappings of wealth and some do not. Book meet cover. I'm so confused.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #79

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
At one private RV park (which was a DUMP IMHO) they walked out to our rig & did a full walk around. As I said it's very hard not to take is personally.
Wow now THAT is an invasion of privacy and I wonder if that is even legal.

What is it that they wanted to search your camper for? Was it for extra people that they might be able to charge for??

Yes, I allow a quick walkthrough when camping at NASCAR races, but that is generally due to making sure that you aren't "hiding" extra people in the camper.

I, for sure, would not allow this at a campground.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post

Wow now THAT is an invasion of privacy and I wonder if that is even legal.

What is it that they wanted to search your camper for? Was it for extra people that they might be able to charge for??

Yes, I allow a quick walkthrough when camping at NASCAR races, but that is generally due to making sure that you aren't "hiding" extra people in the camper.

I, for sure, would not allow this at a campground.
Outside
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #81

Some parks have been sued for damage to RV's that allegedly happened on their property. On the flip side, we have been informed that any damage to the space we've rented, caused during our stay, would be charged to our credit card. We do a walk around the space in those cases, complete with photos.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It was sureal.....

Yeah, I felt a little weird about it and would have gone elsewhere except it's a place that our club goes to occasionally. As far as I know we were the only ones inspected in this manner. So maybe it WAS personal?

We stayed at a park in Napa and for many years the 'Gateperson' was called 'The Dragon Lady'. She had the people in front of us so pissed off they were going to leave, but when we came through 30 seconds later she was sweet as honey. They had 1 golden retriever, we had 2.

But you know, if you don't try some of these funky little places you're going to miss out on some real gems and meeting some very cool people.

OTOH there is a park we've been to recently that is such a dump I do not feel safe there. Many of the permanant sites are disaster zones usually only seen in a ghetto. Junk everywhere, broken windows etc. (One of the worse ones belongs to the predator accused of murdering a local teenager and other attempted abductions.) Not to mention those who seem to think there is no speed limit within the park. The managers have done their best to keep the section-8 area away from everyone else but it's a losing battle.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #83

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup! That's why I spent all of my camping dollars at state parks last year and what it shaping up to be this year as well. Most places with Seasonal campers look more like trailer parks.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
My question is why would you want to stay in one of these parks if you know going in you'll be the odd man out? I know by now you've checked out my avatar, but the MH is new for me, and I've spent many years in tents, TT, and 5ers, and sorry, but never did I look up to the MH crowd. But one thing I've learner from this thread is MH people are supposed to look down on others. I purchased my MH for the ease of travel, but this looking down on others is kind of cool (of course I'm talking about in traffic) . Sorry I must go now, I'm meeting Tiffy and Biff at the country club for tea!
That ending would have been more convincing if you substitute "BEER" for "TEA"