Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #99

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some people just have to get the last word. This deserves to be locked!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #100

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wait! Don't lock it yet... no one responded to the writer who wondered about why he coudn't park his expensive rig in the tent only area...
Answer is....Cause you'll ruin the grass. Also, they don't dobn't want you getting stuck there if it rains.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
We just spent two weeks in a Class A only resort and met a lot of very nice people, as we have everywhere we have traveled. The realtor that rents the lots came by one day and we talked about the Class A requirement. We have a Discovery - most of the lot owners there had Newell, Prevost or Foretravel coaches and I expressed that we felt out of place. I specifically asked about the Super C coaches because those cost more than ours. I figured that if it was a value thing, they should be able to stay. She expressed dismay that, on occasion, people had come in with $700,00+ Super Cs and the realty company had no choice but to try to find them other accommodations. She said it was the lot owners association and she couldn't go against it. Recently, she had to let a Super C stay there while locating a spot for them and she was very worried about the situation as it played out. She said it was the uniformity that the owners wanted. It is a real estate development, not a campground. The owners think of it as their neighborhood. I believe most people, if they had a voice in a development such as this, would opt for a larger more diverse group of vehicles, but that was not the case with this resort.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is Amaryka, u-uns cant stomp on free specch by locking this n here thread. Even if n it's further off track than a preacher in politics. Well now we've moved to the different classes of Class A's. I too, own a Discovery, and I'm living on the difference between the cost of it and the Prevost. I even carry a stack of old tires and a ragged cloth recliner to set out on the patio to make me fill more at home.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #103

Every year we make a trip to sleeping bear sand dunes in mi. the campground we stay at recently converted half the property to a class A resort with lots for sale starting at 60k. They have stopped allowing tents on the other half. Which we tented there for years. But even now with out class A we stay on the side that is open to all types of RVs. We stayed on the exclusive A side one time and although its very nice it want like camping. There wasnt a fire ring so no cooking over the fire. We were provided an elevated metal fire pit that you use on a deck. All the kids and playground was on the other side. We also were not allowed to drape towels over awning arms to dry. So with 5 kids and swimming everyday it was difficult to keep towels dry. Just not a good fit for us. But I respect what they are trying to create. For those retired folks who want the calm relaxing environment without a bunch of kids running around I understand. Just not for us. So we still stay there just on the more rustic side. Which i'm sure the folks on the resort side appreciate too.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
There is no need to lock this thread, What I can't believe is that people don't remember the old saying that I know all of us have heard over and over in our lives: "BIRD'S OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER" period! This applies to every thing we do and places we go, golf course vs Country clubs , restaurants $10.00 - $15.00 per plate, VS restaurants that are $100.00 - $125.00 per plate , even if you had the money for the $125.00 per plate you might not want to meet the dress code to eat there . I believe that this post is not the only things in our lives that we have came across that rules of some sorts apply , The Country club where I live has their membership rates so high that it attracts a certain class of person in a upper class of life. Even as a guest , I for sure did not fit in, did it bother me? no, would I join? no, that flock does not have the same feathers as I do. If a person with 4 kids were allowed to pull in to a "class A only resort" to camp for a week on a concrete slab paved roads , no play ground, no fire ring, no hanging towels and clothes , adults everywhere they look, pool full of adults, rules for the pool don't allow kids to have fun, no floties,no splashing, etc. and no arcade center for them to play in.........doesen't sound like a great family vacation to me and I don't think that they would even try to come in if the parents check it out and did thier homework. As we all have no matter what kind of RV we have someone has something bigger and others have equipment a lot smaller and not as expensive, So as we travel no matter we go we all look up and down, that is why GOD gave us a neck.(side to side also) Why would one want to go someplace that they are not going to fit in? Again Birds of a feather flock together.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian313 View Post
Then who do people in tents look down on? Lol...
People without tents.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer View Post
Just a question, Am I the only one that questions these rules??? I do not have a million dollar coach but come on. What's wrong and why do they not accept some of the super c's....
Would you really want to be in the company of the kind of people who would make those rules and the people who would agree with them? There are plenty of nice expensive Resorts. Just drive to the next one down the road.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
People without tents.
Back in the day we tent camped with about 8 families and 25 kids on an annual canoe trip. My dad and his brother got a good deal on a old Circus tent. We thought we were at the top of the tent food chain. Lol. Turns out we had a horrible storm come thru one night and everyone moved their tent under our big one. It was a great time.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #108

Gulf Streamers Club
Enlightened!!

I would like to thank all that took the time to respond to this post. Having read all the replys I do understand and it was pointed out by more than a few. The people that are comfortable in enviroments that limit some walks of life are probably not the best fit for me. This being said I do understand the older, successfull folks in life that at this point do not want the noise or the happy go lucky family to disrupt their lives. Understood now that I think about it. I also understand that not all can be or are of the same level of acceptance to things in our lives such as children, music, campfire conversation. As stated earlier I enjoy watching and admiring the fine coaches, the restored units, the home built, The one thing is that we're all different and therefore it's best to have the ability to be separated. Again Thanks to all and enjoy what ever your budget allows and wherever your comfortable. Happy motoring in 2013 . Rob and Edna.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #109

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I guess mentioning that my favorite RV parking place is Wally World is a tad moot at this point??

I met a homeless guy (with his dogs) who was great to talk to when we Wallydocked in Moses Lake WA on our way across the country last spring. He was homeless by choice because he couldn't give up his dogs to move to the apartment type place he was planning on living in.

Had fun helping a gentleman fix his exhaust on his C Class at another near Minneapolis.

We have stayed in some pretty fancy campgrounds and had an equally great time and met more great people. Our choice of travel is a great way to meet people everywhere.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencebuster View Post
We just spent two weeks in a Class A only resort and met a lot of very nice people, as we have everywhere we have traveled. The realtor that rents the lots came by one day and we talked about the Class A requirement. We have a Discovery - most of the lot owners there had Newell, Prevost or Foretravel coaches and I expressed that we felt out of place. I specifically asked about the Super C coaches because those cost more than ours. I figured that if it was a value thing, they should be able to stay. She expressed dismay that, on occasion, people had come in with $700,00+ Super Cs and the realty company had no choice but to try to find them other accommodations. She said it was the lot owners association and she couldn't go against it. Recently, she had to let a Super C stay there while locating a spot for them and she was very worried about the situation as it played out. She said it was the uniformity that the owners wanted. It is a real estate development, not a campground. The owners think of it as their neighborhood. I believe most people, if they had a voice in a development such as this, would opt for a larger more diverse group of vehicles, but that was not the case with this resort.
$700,000+ Super C? Really?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #111

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
$700,000+ Super C? Really?
Really. Motor Coaches for Sale by PowerHouse Coach
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #112

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Even Powerhouse Coach doesn't call their coaches Super C's. iMHO they are specialty vehicles.

Dave