Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #1

Coach-Net, RV Technical/Roadside Assist - worth it?

Our insurance company is offering one year sign up for Coach-Net assistance program.

What is listed in the brochure as "services" by Coach-Net is impressive...the questions are:

1) How responsive are they when you call for assistance?
2) Are there other programs out there that compare, favorably?

Thank you, in advance, for providing anecdotal evidence of worth or non-worth! Jim Rodenkirch, proud owner of a 2012 Winnebago View 24G
Jim_Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Bo View Post
Our insurance company is offering one year sign up for Coach-Net assistance program.

What is listed in the brochure as "services" by Coach-Net is impressive...the questions are:

1) How responsive are they when you call for assistance?
2) Are there other programs out there that compare, favorably?

Thank you, in advance, for providing anecdotal evidence of worth or non-worth! Jim Rodenkirch, proud owner of a 2012 Winnebago View 24G

In my opinion, Coach Net is #1, and then there are others who are ok. We have the Platinum Plan.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #3

I have used the Coach Net phone assistance twice, once late at night. Each time I spoke with a tech who helped me a lot. In each case the person I talked with knew the systems I called about and was able to instruct me how to do a self repair. The only other service I have any experience with was Good Sam several years ago - I will not consider them again.

Good luck with your new coach.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #4

I've not had to use them for the MH but did need them for my car within days of joining Coach Net's Platinum Plan, had a timing belt go. First question out of the lady's mouth was "Are you in a safe place"? She worked to get a tow company out to me fast, then called back to insure they showed up.

They are first class, I highly recommend this company.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have used coach-net three times. Twice for coach and once for the toad. In all cases, they were professional, quick to respond and helpful in every way. Highly recommend them.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
"1) How responsive are they when you call for assistance?
2) Are there other programs out there that compare, favorably?"

1. the responsiveness is not really related to Coachnet. It is a factor of whoever they have contracted with and where they are located. If the provider is far away or busy, then the response time will be longer than if the provider is 5 minutes away. It doesn't matter who you go with, there is no easy to tell who will "respond" the quickest.

2. No, there isn't
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
I have used the Coach Net phone assistance twice, once late at night. Each time I spoke with a tech who helped me a lot. In each case the person I talked with knew the systems I called about and was able to instruct me how to do a self repair. The only other service I have any experience with was Good Sam several years ago - I will not consider them again.

Good luck with your new coach.
I have not needed to use my Coach Net service yet. Needed Good Sam once. Will not consider them again.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
How are the rates for the Coach Net platinum. We're driving to Sturgis SD from Reno NV in 3 weeks. I'd like some peace of mind for the trip.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CoachNet is No#1 in my book,,,,and has served me well in response and phone assistance......
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
So I saw on the NMC site that Coachnet platinum plus is $129.95 for 1 year of coverage. Seems pretty fair, especially considering they're so highly rated. I can't seem to find a way to purchase the Coachnet plan on line. Is it something that you actually have to speak to a person on the phone about?
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #11

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
So I saw on the NMC site that Coachnet platinum plus is $129.95 for 1 year of coverage. Seems pretty fair, especially considering they're so highly rated. I can't seem to find a way to purchase the Coachnet plan on line. Is it something that you actually have to speak to a person on the phone about?
I had just ordered coachnet yesterday.You do have to speak with a representative viaphone. Have the vin# available when you call. after that you can follow your account on line. happy travels.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just signed up for membership with coach-net and was able to do all of it online. I was even able to print a member card to use till the official one arrives in the mail. So they must have recently made some changes to a fully online service.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #13

Count me as someone unimpressed by Coach-Net in both response times and technicla knowledge. There's no doubt everyone has their on experiences, but mine were poor across three occassions, so I switched to Good Sam, spent less, and when I needed the for a tire change, it was fine.

My personal belief is that, surveyed across everything, they are probably equal, so go with which one is cheaper.

Steve
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
dons2346, I used Coach Net on 3 occasions on our trip to AK this past summer. Each time they were very quick to respond to the problem with help. They even found a repair shop when we call from Ocean View CG in Homer, AK when the MH would not start. Unfortunately it was a HUEI (fuel) pump failure. They found a very competent repair shop in Soldona AK, 75 mile away witch was able to tow a 39 ft. Diesel MH; successful repair, but expensive. The second time we called the serpentine belt broke in Oregon. I called and with in 2 hours we were on the road. This time it was 106F outside---HOT. The third time was technical information only. I strongly recommend Coach Net. Each call I talked with competent people and with a quick response. You can see our AK trip on our blog. RVGR8escape
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote