Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First time user of GS. We were on an uphill grade on I-90 a week ago Friday, had a flat on the tow dolly and did not have a jack, but had a spare. Called GS for help, GS finally called back 2 hours later to say they could not find anyone to help us. Found a 4 x 4 in the ditch and changed the tire myself. So much for roadside assistance. Waste of money with GS.

Just living is not enough, One must have sunshine, freedom and a RV.
bigstonebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
Ford Super Duty Owner
God help ya if its on Labor Day, like us. This Labor Day our HRVacationers starter died in the gas station. Hurricane, Ut, couldn't find anyone to work on ford m/h. GS worked there butt off to find some one. Garff ford in St George, Ut let's us stay on there lot, out back until the next day. The tech told me he had repaired two the day before. Any way GS never gave up.

I'm so old I fart dust!
burgiebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #17
My dad and I bought the rv. I called all the road side assistance plans and good Sam was the only one to offer coverge to extended family member with their platinum plan. Never used it, but happy with that piece of mind.
1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36s...F53 TAG with 460 v8 55,000 miles. master tow dolly. 2 furkids
burgman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Here is a positive comment for Good Sam. last Friday I had a heater hose fail on my 2005 Winnebago Vectra dumping coolant all over the highway and leaving me stranded between Alamosa and Antonito Colorado. In other words in the middle of now where. Called Good Sam, after answering 20 questions and lots of hold time they advised that they did not have a contracted repair facility in the area, so it would be awhile till they found somebody. Less than 30 minutes later I received a call from Rob's Heavy Equipment repair advising that Good Sam had contacted him and he was on his way but was about 1 hr away. While I was on the phone with Rob Good Sam called to advise that they had located someone. One hr later Rob arrives, replaces the heater hose, refills coolant and I was back on the road. Thanks Good Sam and a big thanks to Rob's heavy Equipment Repair. very polite, efficient, and fairly priced.
2005 Winnebago Vectra, 20 foot enclosed car hauler with a Mini Cooper S convertible inside, look for the big Betty Boop on the back,and two Westies Maggie and Buddy.
Catcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
Luckily I have only had to use Good Sam once and they were great,they had good follow up to make sure wrecker got there when it was supposed to.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a feeling that if you are in a remote area any of the ERS providers will have some difficulty finding someone to get to you.
Cliff Fargason
US Army (ret)
2012 Fleetwood Bounder
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #21
Ford Super Duty Owner
Or if its a holiday!
I'm so old I fart dust!
burgiebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club

Had my 1st experience with GS 2 weeks ago--flat tire--they had someone within 1 hour-just signed for the bill--no cost (did give a tip) its already paid for the yearly cost--very happy so far with them--Vince
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by gray ghost
I have a feeling that if you are in a remote area any of the ERS providers will have some difficulty finding someone to get to you.
And so will you. The difference is that once you call them, even if they can not help you, when you do get help you can submit the bill for reimbursement - provided you went through them first - called to let them know you found help and submit for reimbursement in a timely manner. Discuss this with them for the record. If that's a $500 tow - the ERS will have paid for itself about 5 times over. Same is true for holidays. Another great reason to be where you're going before a holiday - and leave after the mad rush home following the holiday. Just sayin. And know for a fact it's true.
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #24
The Oct 2013 issue of Motorhome has a segment about Coach-Net where the customer had to request help from the magazine to get Coach-Net to reimburse the customer for a covered expense. All ERS companies are in business to make money, and will attempt to find a way to deny expenditures if possible.
As to long wait times for help, that depends totally on the contracted service providers amount of work at that particular time. No ERS company can demand a provider drop what they are presently doing to service another customer unless it is in the contract with the ERS company. I doubt any company would submit to that.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to all for the advice. We decided to stay with Coach Net but am sure Good Sam is an excellent choice as well. We did have a towing claim shortly after we bought Coach Net and they responded promptly but that was here at home. Glad to know they also (and Good Sam) respond promptly across the country.
2002 Holiday Rambler DST
Pop and Bees
Crown Point, IN
Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For the extra few dollars it cost to have both it is worth it. This way I Know help will come when I need it. That is also my reasoning in having a 44 rather than a 22 cal. When it all hits the fan, I want overkill !!!
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
Have had AAA for years with our four wheelers with no complaints. Unlock doors, repair flats, give us 'tour books and maps, 'trip tiks' for directions, maps, etc.

However, I have never used them for RV back up.
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have GS. Never used it for the coach, but used it 3 times for my cars and twice for the Jeep. All good.

Ole and Anne Anderson, Highland, Michigan
'02 Adventurer 32V, Ford F-53, ours since 4/08,Goodyears, Konis, SeeLevel, CHF
'84 CJ-7 , 5.3 Chevy, 3" lift, 33's, Detroit Locker, Fiberglas tub, winch, hi-lift
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote