Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 AM   #1

I'm thinking about a Coast to Coast membership.The membership would be used mostly for lowering campground fees for traveling and not necessarily for the home base convience.Is this club membership beneficial for traveling across the country? Would appreciate any pro or cons comments to help in my decision making process.
Tagmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 AM   #2

I'm thinking about a Coast to Coast membership.The membership would be used mostly for lowering campground fees for traveling and not necessarily for the home base convience.Is this club membership beneficial for traveling across the country? Would appreciate any pro or cons comments to help in my decision making process.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Check the list of participating resorts.

We frequent Myrtle Beach and none of the good resorts on the ocean are listed.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #4

When you add up the purchase price plus annual dues and the cost per night that you use the membership it can get pretty expensive. I had a membership about 12-15 years ago and figured that I was paying over $30.00/ night. I also found that they were not always in a convenient location and sometimes it was difficult to make reservations. This is my experience with Coast to Coast, so am only speaking for myself. You might want to check on an outfit like Passport America. I have had good experiences with them. Again, speaking for myself. One other thing, with many C2C parks you are a member for life or until you sell your membership, so the dues go on forever.
Dolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #5

Thanks that was a concern of ares
Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
You can spend from a few hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars to buy into a home park...THEN you have to join C2C in order to have access to the other parks in the system. So, whether or not it would be a good deal for YOU, depends on how much you pay for the initial buy-in fee, how much you have to pay in annual maintenance fees, and how much you use the system.

First, I'd advise going to C2C's website and checking out the locations of all their parks. Are they in areas where you travel? If not, then the program will be of little use to you and any money you've spent to buy into a home park will be wasted. Keep in mind that, for the most part, the parks in the C2C system (and similar membership systems) are destination parks...they aren't always close to the Interstates for easy in and out while you're traveling. If that's what you're looking for, you'd be better off with something like Passport America.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #7

We also had C2C for many years. When we first joined it was $1.00 a night. It kept rising until it got to $6.00 then we stopped paying our dues. I hear it is up to $10 now. Plus, you have to deposit money in advance to pay your fees and if you don't use it within a certain time frame you loose the money. When we first joined you bought coupons and used them. They also had an expiration date but you could return them for new coupons.

The other problem is: there were never any C2C parks where we were going. Most are in the SW,S, and SE and we travel mostly north.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Buying into a high end "home park" membership system made absolutely no financial or aesthetic sense to us. We did not like the feeling we "had" to use parks in their system, because we had a major investment in it.

Passport America didn't work for us because, while they were really cheap (for one night,) most of their parks were not handy to anywhere we wanted to go, and the ones we did visit we didn't want to spend any time at. There is a reason parks join this system, and "you get what you pay for" is true too often. We used it once, during the year of our membership.

We usually like county, state and national parks for a stay of anything over a few days, otherwise we like a nice park that may be a little more spendy, but located where we want, and with the amenities we want.

Could I save money by better utilization of my PA membership? Probably. But if that was the point, I could save a lot more by not owning a coach.