Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
I did mine awhile back and DW picked out shower curtains cloth type and here is the link. I used the track for a class c and fit perfect.
Blackout curtains.
Very nice. We have a Class C and hang a nice-looking quilt from the overhang.

VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #16

Very classy... looks like something that would come from the factory!

I like it... nice not cheap!

Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Had to make DW happy. Used it while taking grandkids to Florida and I loved it. Closed the curtain and they played there games on a spare tv
Old 12-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
HQUOTE] Last year, I installed what I call Privacy - Comfort Curtains in our motorhome. My reason for doing this was to help improve the dash A/C performance in the driver/passenger compartment while driving....no reason to cool the entire coach. And they worked perfectly. However, we also realized an additional benefit. When closed, the curtains "sealed off" the front area and provided additional privacy, making us feel like we were residing in a very nice up-scale "condo" rather than in a motorhome. We love them! Cheap? No....I don't do cheap. I do "nice". And they sure are nice. BTW, the driverside panel pull "wand" hooks to the slide during travel....not unlike the passenger side wand, although it is not attached in this photo. I also fabricated 3 plastic "protector" wands (attached to the driver side wall in front of the slide) to keep the driver panel from contacting the slide (could be dusty/dirty) when the slide is retracted. One of the nicer upgrades I made to our coach.....and DW loves them.

very nice,
Do they block out any light or do you have something else that does that?
Looks like a nice MH and I like your seats looks very comfy.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #19

very nice,
Do they block out any light or do you have something else that does that?
Looks like a nice MH and I like your seats looks very comfy.
Tim[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comment. Like most other coaches, ours has the "pull around" curtains that cover the windshield for privacy.....those are in edition to the privacy-comfort panels you see. I took these pictures at high noon one day, so a small amount of light comes through. However, I didn't install them as sun or light blockers but rather to aid a/c cooling as I mentioned. The windshield curtains provide complete privacy. The panels help also I guess.....but they really provide a cozy "feel" to the motorhome when closed at night. And, yes, those seats are very comfy.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #20

Thanks for the feedback. This is just what I am considering for our MH.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #21

Heapbig,
I like your installation. What did you use for the slide? How does it attach to the ceiling?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Which one.
Mine I used a class c curtain rail and bought the sliders and sewed them to the cloth shower curtain.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudntherd View Post
Heapbig,
I like your installation. What did you use for the slide? How does it attach to the ceiling?
I was wondering the same thing. Looks really nice! Could have used this when going to Colorado this past September, glad I packed my gloves for the trip.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudntherd View Post
Heapbig,

I used auto trim screws chrome but need to paint them white.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #25

We have a tension shower curtain rod, and a plastic shower curtain with a woodsy print on it and no separation in the middle. We can easily put it up and take it down in a couple of minutes. The folded curtain and the rod go out of sight under the couch.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Looks really nice! Could have used this when going to Colorado this past September, glad I packed my gloves for the trip.
Thank you for your comments! BTW, I posted the pics to help provide the OP with info on and possible ideas from my installation, as he requested. I will say that the curtains look nicer in real life than in the pics....but that's just my opinion. When not in use, they are completely out of the way and non-restrictive....just like the windshield curtains.

Re the slide and attachment, as I recall, I purchased the aluminum track and nylon sliders from the same business where I purchased the panels. The track comes in various widths and lengths, depending on what you need. I used conventional metal piercing stainless steel screws available at all hardware stores. The ceiling material is very hard below the vinyl surface and required this type of screw. Had to be very careful not to overtighten the screws to prevent stripping out the hole. And the stainless screws blended nicely with the aluminum track. Since the ceiling has a slight curvature to it, I had to "persuade" the track a little to conform to it. Shaping and installing the track was pretty tedious, and the whole project took a lot more time than I thought it would....but that is often the case it seems for me! On balance, though, the time and $'s were well worth the effort IMO. BTW, the track came pre-drilled. I recall that the holes are about 5-6 inches apart.

Hope that is helpful....
Old 12-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #27

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
I did mine awhile back and DW picked out shower curtains cloth type and here is the link. I used the track for a class c and fit perfect.
Blackout curtains.
We did the shower curtains also but used the tension type shower curtain rod. Removable in seconds for cleaning etc.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:11 AM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
The wife went to the fabric store and got material to compliment the interior colors, She doubled the fabric and used a thin filler like you would a quilt, made a verticle strip with again her choice of colors, I installed 3 snaps on each side and we just snap it into place. It acts as a privacy curtain and also keeps heat in the main cabin during winter months and keeps the heat out during the summer months.