Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
coe parks and golden age pass

do the coe parks now require an id/drivers license with the golden age pass ?

1998 3500 Dodge DRW, 130,000 mi. on a 5.9L,24Vdiesel engine w/ turbo, 4 spd. 4:10 rear.
2003 Artic Fox 31W 2,10lb. rat terriers and "the cat"
Back to fulltime in 2014..YEA!!!
daydreamer36535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #2

I stayed at a COE park in May and they did ask for my drivers license.

Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They do generally require some form of verifying identification in order to keep someone from borrowing a card from one of us 'oldsters.'.

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH Diesel Pusher, TireTraker TPMS
'08 Honda CRV Protect-a-Tow
burfurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
We stayed in a National Parks RV Campground (South Beach,WA) last week on the Washington coast. It was first come -first serve self check-in no on site staff. DW wrote the pass number on the check-in card and noone came to ask for any ID. $5.00 per night. Nice place-clear ocean view-well maintained. No water-power-sewer. Picnic tables and fire rings only. 1.5 miles South of Kalaloch.

2005 Sportscoach Elite 40' C-7 350 Cat w/MP-8
Suzuki Samurai toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel
800w solar system
jauguston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Solo Rvers Club
It seems that they do. They used to just find me in their computer, but now they ask for a drivers license for confirmation....
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just returned from Yellowstone last week, they did check drivers license when I used my Golden Age Passport at entry gate. They did the same last year at Glacier National Park. It seems they are checking for ID more than they did in the past. Not a problem for me.
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Ford Super Duty Owner
when i go to a coe park and they ask for picture i.d. i tell em i dont need it

i am just here to vote
just liven life in east tn or where ever our
2011 georgetown ,2012 explorer and 02 tbird take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have noticed it much more lately, use to be they never asked. Maybe there has been quite a few abusing the system.

I think it depends on the employee. Some rangers are "letter of the law" type and not flexible. Girl at badlands.. we were leaving for a few minutes and she had a fit that the passenger with me forgot to bring her picture ID as we were just going out to the store for maybe 5 minutes. Same girl that checked us in the night before. I felt the reprimand from her was a bit over the top. I said to her if she wanted it , we would go back to the campground and get it...She let us go "this time"
Person at yellowstone was much better and remembered our faces the next day even and a quick show of the pass let us in.
2011 Allegro 32CA \ 2013 CRV toad
Previous:2007 Winnebago Class C
99' Winnebago Adventurer /Towables
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
It does seem to vary with location and which Park service you're dealing with. When we checked into Lake Mead earlier this spring I was asked for my Driver's License when I showed my America the Beautiful pass. Later that day Donna (not yet 62) had to leave the Park to do some shopping. When she returned they gave her a hard time at the gate because she wasn't the pass holder. Even though she was carrying the receipt from the campground they still didn't want to let her in without paying. Mind you, this is a gate that is not manned 24/7 and is actually a main thoroughfare between Boulder City and Henderson, NV.

One NF park gave me a rear view mirror display card hanger and asked me to use it while in the park. No request for ID here though. Most recently we entered the Yaquina Head Nature Area in Newport, OR, which is operated by the BLM, and upon display of the pass were told by the young lady at the gate that we were "Good to Go".

So far as I've been able to discern, pass holder identity verification checks are being enforced at a local level if not a personal level by whoever happens to be at the gate at the time.
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I automatically show upon check in. I don't what to screw up the best deal going!
2005 Sightseer 29R, F53 Chassis-Sold
2007 HHR Toad -Sold, Hankook AH11,Magnum Plus Beads,Dahon Bikes, Roo Bee the "Aussie",SCT-5 Star Tune, Mountain Master Tow Brake,2009 Bighorn 3600RL
coffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm at Glen Canyon Natl. Rec and have showed my ID every time I come back to the CG which is in the park.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have visited a few National and State parks which we have passes for. I have been asked for ID at both types. Now I just automatically have my driver's license available for them to see. Speeds the process up, even if they don't require it.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Solo Rvers Club
Homeland Security.... Just sayin'....
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Some of the parks are getting very hard to get into and more campers are trying to take advantage of the discount by using others senior cards. Ususlly they will ask for a drivers license or a picture id

07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote