Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
The best idea I've read on iRV2 is to keep all the breakables in the dishwasher (if ya got one). Works for us! Plus, they're always clean.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
The best idea I've read on iRV2 is to keep all the breakables in the dishwasher (if ya got one). Works for us! Plus, they're always clean.
Great, now I've got to tell DW she has to hold all the fine china while I drive!
Let's see, that's my Elvis plate collection, my John Deere coffee mug and don't forget my Red Solo Cup!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Great, now I've got to tell DW she has to hold all the fine china while I drive!
Let's see, that's my Elvis plate collection, my John Deere coffee mug and don't forget my Red Solo Cup!
Remember. Ya gotta hand wash that Elvis plate. Don't wanna wash his face away. And that day-glo can fade and the velvet will fall off. But, I digress...

Wait, what?!? You have an Elvis plate AND a John Deer coffee mug AND a Red Solo Cup? Now that's some pretty fine china, right (or, "eh" for our north of the border friends)! And it'll all fit in that dishwasher. Or, as you should now call it, the "china cabinet".
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTWERKE View Post
Abrasv, How long have you had that diesel pusher, When we had a Southwind gasser never heard coffee cups over that 454 up front.
It's a little quieter with the dp

I hear every squeak and rattle
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasv View Post
It's a little quieter with the dp

I hear every squeak and rattle
I hate to get off subject but I just need to know if my eyes are going out on me.

abrasv, nice DP, but my question is, will it fit in the garage door it's parked in front of?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I hate to get off subject but I just need to know if my eyes are going out on me.

abrasv, nice DP, but my question is, will it fit in the garage door it's parked in front of?
Actually, that pic is of a dp we used to have. 2002 38' Discovery and it fit with 4" to spare.

We sold it and now have a 2005 39' D and it is a few inches too long. Looking for a cover for it for the winter.

For some reason when I changed the profile pic it shows in my profile but not on the thread page.
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #49

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMO View Post
A few years ago at The Big Tent in Quartzsite, DW bought some plastic cabinet organizers. She uses them for cups and glasses also in bathroom cabinets. Don't remember the company's name but their product is similar to Cupboard Corral @ corralplastics.com.
Next to the dishwasher this seems to be the best thing going Thanks to LEMO

The price isn't all that bad either Cupboard Corral RV Cabinet Organizer from Corral Plastics
Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #50

Coffee? Who in the world drinks that stuff? Pepsi, iced tea or nothing.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
My DW was asking about her non slip cabinet liners that keep slipping and I mentioned seeing a thread about the subject. I ran a search and could not recall it but got interested in reading some of them. One thing I noticed is that many of us will have as many as 6 coffee cups and the same for each type of glass, plate, bowl, and so on. Most of us are traveling with 2 people onboard. If the time arrives and we have visitors, very seldom is it more than another couple. Why is it that we have a need for the amount of kitchen ware we carry? For the off chance that we may have a party? Seems to me that fewer things may be the answer. Chances are the visitors we are entertaining are from the coach in the next lot over and they can bring their own in a pinch!
One of the previous posts was answered by a friend of mine with an interesting conclusion about keeping the cups at bay. He used cup hooks and then held the cups in place using bungee cords stretched across the hooks to hold them in place.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
I saw something in this thread about that ( non slip...anti slipping device) up toward the beginning...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #53

Vintage RV Owners Club
Here is one suggestion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
Being that I'm not willing to give up my ceramic coffee mugs, I first line the cabinets with the anti slip shelf liner and use a staple gun to tack it down from one end to the other, line up the cups on the braking end of the cabinet and cut foam diner plates in half to use as a separation between them and the next items and into quarters if needed to go between cups. I also use the long single wide flatware containers for type of dish or bowl separation.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #54

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
My DW was asking about her non slip cabinet liners that keep slipping and I mentioned seeing a thread about the subject. I ran a search and could not recall it but got interested in reading some of them. One thing I noticed is that many of us will have as many as 6 coffee cups and the same for each type of glass, plate, bowl, and so on. Most of us are traveling with 2 people onboard. If the time arrives and we have visitors, very seldom is it more than another couple. Why is it that we have a need for the amount of kitchen ware we carry? For the off chance that we may have a party? Seems to me that fewer things may be the answer. Chances are the visitors we are entertaining are from the coach in the next lot over and they can bring their own in a pinch!
One of the previous posts was answered by a friend of mine with an interesting conclusion about keeping the cups at bay. He used cup hooks and then held the cups in place using bungee cords stretched across the hooks to hold them in place.
After reading your post I started looking in the cabinets. I'm going to put a dot from a dry erase marker on everything, then after a few trips ASK the DW, if they are really necessary. Also all the extra towels, sheets, pans, and pillows. If all goes as planned, I'll have room for a lot more tools, just in case.
Subaru Outback, Cricket SW3
seasonedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #55

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
You make a good point about packing based on how you camp Dh is an only child, I'm one of 5 kids. He thinks I over pack and of course I don't think I do. I think I pack based on how we use our RV.

At this point we never have less than 3 people sleeping in our rig, but that is just the beginning. At my summer concert our spot is away from our main group. each rig hosts dinner one night, so we do need seating and service for an additional 6-8 people. Our last camping trip included me, dh and our 14 yr old. Our adult son came the next day with his wife and their 13 yr old son. Grandson slept in RV with us, they slept in their van. We provided all meals out of the RV.

For me based on how we use our RV I can't see any good way of packing just what we need for each trip without having to load and unload each time. I'm way to lazy to do that

Dori
Old 11-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasv View Post
Actually, that pic is of a dp we used to have. 2002 38' Discovery and it fit with 4" to spare.

We sold it and now have a 2005 39' D and it is a few inches too long. Looking for a cover for it for the winter.

For some reason when I changed the profile pic it shows in my profile but not on the thread page.
In your User CP (profile), you have an avatar and a profile picture. The avatar is the small photo that appears on the left side of your posts. The profile picture is only visible to anyone visiting your profile page. So you need to edit and replace your avatar pic.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote