Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
We use this:

TF Series 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, White at MrCoffee.com.

Only 600 watts, so works well on shore power or on our 750 inverter.

At home with our BIG Bunn 12-cup, two or three pots a day works well. With this little Mr. Coffee, it gets a real workout!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #30

Forest River Owners Club
Those Keurig (sp?) machines seem popular, but we prefer either a percolator or doing a pour-over - I don't like the cost per cup with the machine, or that you have no idea how old the coffee in them really is. I've used the coffee 'teabag' option before too, and it will do in a pinch, but only in a pinch.

We tend to use gas more than electric since we have limited battery power in both of our campers, but as a full-timer you would have a bigger battery bank and probably solar and a generator to boot. I should also add that we are tea drinkers, so bringing water to almost boil is requisite so why add to the equipment we carry. And no, before someone comments on it, you ~can't~ make a cup of tea in one of those machines - not proper tea anyway

- Randy
Old 04-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #31

We use a Melitta cone/paper filter to make coffee, have been for over 30 years now. Easy to make 1 cup or 1 pot and you can control the exact temp for the best cup o' joe and just toss the filter & grounds for no mess cleanup.. I let it cool down and just nuke a cup when I need another hot shot. We buy our coffee at Costco, they roast it right there in our nearest outlet, best coffee ever!!!
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Here what we use when we dry camp...we like drip coffee and this tastes just like at home!

Amazon.com: Coleman Camping Coffee Maker: Sports & Outdoors
I have one of those too. I agree that it makes very good coffee. However, you can grow old waiting for it. It is by far, the slowest coffee maker I have ever tried. I quit using it.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #33

Keurig Machine users... I do have three machines...OFFICE, HOUSE and RV..... but I am not a Keurig user. The wife loves the convenience....I still brew the pour thru method. Have had many a cup of Keurig coffee and I just can not get it exactly the way I like it....but it matters not. Keurig is here to stay and the K-Cups are all over my life. Expensive things I might add
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #34

My coffee is more important than saving energy. Buy a campstove and Camp Coffee Pots at REI
Snow Peak GigaPower Stove with Piezo at REI.com
Next choice is a jetboil stove.
IMHO Keurigs are a waste of money and paper , the coffee is overpriced, we are involved in a sustainable planet.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #35

I have Keurig at home, office and MH also. Really like the convenience. There are enough flavors or kinds out there that when you find one you really like you don't need such a variety, but I still keep about a dozen different for friends or guests. Price per cup??? Better than $1.49 or more in a convenience store or restaurant.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
We use a Melitta cone/paper filter to make coffee, have been for over 30 years now. Easy to make 1 cup or 1 pot and you can control the exact temp for the best cup o' joe and just toss the filter & grounds for no mess cleanup...
+1

Mellita drip coffee filter and thermal carafe. Heat water on the stove top.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
If you're concerned about electric then don't use an electric coffee maker, electric resistance heating elements suck a lot of power. Just heat a kettle of water and use a french coffee press. You can get a small press pretty cheap, they make a great cup of coffee and use zero electricity.
This what I do as well - it work great. Plus it takes very little room to store.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #38

My Keurig uses about 9 amps for about 10 seconds and then drops down to about 2 amps for about 30 seconds. Real convenient and you can find the coffee on sale sometimes for about $4.99 for the 12 k-cup pack.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
x2 on the AeroPress

Been using the AeroPress at home for past 4 months and is great and will be great once we hit the road in an RV in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody n Domy View Post
I use the AeroPress it makes the best coffee. I heat the water in microwave. It will make espresso or regular coffee. Do a search on the internet to check it out.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
When we don't have electric:

Google Image Result for http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/63...24_500X500.jpg

And when we do:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic+...ml%3B850%3B850

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #41

I'll jump and be the coffee snob.

We keep a Jura E9 in our RV.

It's rare that we boondock, but have never had an issue with the power it pulls either from the generators or from shore power.

Absolutely nothing better than fresh roasted and fresh ground coffee.
cj00ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
I have one of those too. I agree that it makes very good coffee. However, you can grow old waiting for it. It is by far, the slowest coffee maker I have ever tried. I quit using it. Joel

Yes, it does take longer...but all good things come in time. :-)