Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have the Kuerig B30 mini personal coffee maker and it works great. There is no water resevoir. When we are on the move I just put it under the dinette.

TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Secret to a Good Pot of coffee is to dispose of the grounds immediately after the coffee is done, be it a percolator or drip. Why? Because the steam of the coffee rises and keeps the grounds moist and then drips down the acid making the coffee bitter. Something a Fire Chief told me years ago.
Myself, I prefer a stainless steel percolator with s/s guts and copper bottom that my father used camping when I was a boy. I can use it on the stove top or on a camp fire giving me memories of days gone with perking sounds and filling the air with a great aroma.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #45

We just bought an old percolator coffee pot at a antique shop.No ele.needed just put on the stove and wait for the blup blup blup .six cups .funny but it works great
Old 03-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #46

French press, 1 cup. Add coffee, boil water on gas, add water, steep, press, and voila. Makes a good cup of coffee.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The old Black & Decker Space Saver mounted under the kitchen cabinet does the trick for us. These things just never seem to wear out..!

We all have different tastes, but what makes a really good cup of coffee is starting with good-tasting water. Use of a charcoal filter prior to brewing is my best advice.
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
The Secret to a Good Pot of coffee is to dispose of the grounds immediately after the coffee is done, be it a percolator or drip. Why? Because the steam of the coffee rises and keeps the grounds moist and then drips down the acid making the coffee bitter. Something a Fire Chief told me years ago.
Myself, I prefer a stainless steel percolator with s/s guts and copper bottom that my father used camping when I was a boy. I can use it on the stove top or on a camp fire giving me memories of days gone with perking sounds and filling the air with a great aroma.
The real secret is to roast your own beans,I've been roating for about 8 years and nothing compares with it.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where do you get the "unroasted" beans? I've never looked for them, but don't remember ever running across any either. Where would one go to discover the process of properly roasting coffee beans?
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeh, a stove top percolator left over from our slide in pickup camper days. Works great, no electric needed ;-)
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #51

I have been using a Kurig in the camper and at home but it's getting expensive buying k-cups for at home and the camper so I'm going the buy a trvel mg coffee maker for the camper

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Vam73OVCL.jpg
Mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
Where do you get the "unroasted" beans? I've never looked for them, but don't remember ever running across any either. Where would one go to discover the process of properly roasting coffee beans?
There's a whole closet industry built on the home roaster. Google home coffee roasting equipment and you'll probably find all you never wanted to know. I've never done it, but people swear by it.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 12 cup black and decker water warmer for our tea. When we were in business we used to tell all of the new hires that if you want time off just make coffee in our pot. Every once in a while the wife wants coffee but she uses Maxwell House International Vanilla so she just needs water. The warmer has traveled very well for 6 years.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
I have tried many places over the years,my favorite is Bodhi leaf coffee traders,online or e-bay.I use a behmor roaster.Sweet Marias will give you plenty of imformation on roasting.I have a preference for the Ethiopian or Kenya coffees but you will see they come from many places and have different taste.I have never had a bad tasteing bean from Bodhi but cannot say that about many places I bought from.Remember you need a coffe pot to get proper temperature for the proper taste,most don't.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #55

I don't drink coffee often but, I have a stove top percolator for when friends come along and think they will die without there morning coffee. It's just a cheap tin one I bought at the discount store but, I haven't found a better one yet.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #56

I too have percolator for use when it's too early to start the gen and use the Kuerig!

Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote