Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I will probably go with a 1/2" Flexzilla or Zero G. I only have the kitchen and bath that use water so the 1/2" will be adequate.

I have never gotten along with the white hoses. They are too stiff and it seems like one of the loops always wants to go off in its own direction when I coil them up.

I do carry a section of garden hose for non potable uses as well.
GOOD CALL
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantley View Post
I actually have a coiled hose and it works fine! My wash machine works fine with the hose as well.
I'm not concerned with maximum volume. I simply want adequate volume.
My 3/8 coiled hose work fine.
The real plus of the coiled hose is you don't need to roll it up! Ever.
I just pick it up and toss it into the storage bay, no fuss no muss,
no: rolling, bins, baskets, tubs or wraps required.
Raise it up so all the water drains out and toss it in.
If your anal enough you can screw the ends together to keep critters out.
I seldom screw ends together, but I do let the water flow through the hose for a few seconds to rinse it out before connecting to RV.
Despite all the naysayers a coiled hose is a very viable, easy and simple way to supply water to your RV
I'LL BE DARNED, works fine and even with the washer. nothing wrong with the coil hose I may try one when the Zero G hose wears out. my only objection is they take a little more room to store. the Zero G hose will roll into a real small roll. I don't have a lot of storage left so I have to be careful.
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
Has anyone used the 3/8" coiled hoses for their drinking water supply? I hate having to coil up the white hose and finding somewhere to store it. It usually ends up with a kink in it and picks up a lot of dirt.

Maybe I'm wrong but the coiled hose looks to be much more convenient to use.

Does the 3/8" diameter adversely affect the water flow?

This is the one I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Right-P.../dp/B003P9XAHS
Tom what are you using for a water hose?
I suspect it is a 50" one.
For what it is worth, I use two 25' hoses. one is stored out of the way. 25" works most of the time and could be shorter. It fits in my water bay , no problem and not difficult to coil up.
Treker Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #46

I use 2 10-ft hoses and a 6-ft hose, rolled up. This way, I only take out and use what I need. Easy to coil when done. I do have a 25-ft in case I need the length, but rarely need it.
elliott-maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We use a collapsible 50 ft 1/2 in. Flows great, I always reach the spigot, and it stows very compactly.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #48

I switched to the blue Zero-G hoses. No more hard white hoses to mess with.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #49

Zero g is what I use for water. I do have a small camco white hose for when hookups aren’t far. Zero g is very flexible and nice.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #50

Zero G hose

I also use a zero g hose. However, I use a 25 foot hose and just stuff it (no winding) in the compartment when I disconnect from the site faucet. I have a Winnebago Navion, and I leave one end always connected inside the compartment. There is a drain hole in the compartment. It takes about one minute.
Sprinterlarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treker Vic View Post
Tom what are you using for a water hose?
I suspect it is a 50" one.
For what it is worth, I use two 25' hoses. one is stored out of the way. 25" works most of the time and could be shorter. It fits in my water bay , no problem and not difficult to coil up.

Yes it is a 50. I am going to switch to 25's
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Water hose

We use the Zero-G for fresh water and love it. We’ve had it for two years and never had a problem. They fold up so nice and can be stored in a small container for conserving space.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #53

Zero-G and don’t look back

Get the 5/8 Zero-G. 59 feet at Lowe’s or Home Depot for about 39.00. Don’t even think about anything else. Use it with my 2018 Dutch Star to extend length. Super easy to coil up even when cold. You will not regret it.
fbrown92024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:50 PM   #54

My experience with the coil hoses is that they are the shortest lasting hoses in the Florida Sunshine with most not making it a full year. Expandable Magic/Pocket Hoses do not fair much better either. White RV water hoses last for years and most times a 10 or 15 foot hose is all you really need and a 10 to 15 foot white hose is easy for even this disabled senior citizen who walks with a cane to deal with.

3/8" is also not going to work well with your waste tank flush or fresh water fills so you will still need some 1/2" or 5/8" hoses for that purpose even if you get a coil hose or two. The coil hoses still get tangled and are a real pain to deal with when they do as they will fight your attempts to disentangle them due to the way the coils try to spring back. A 15 foot white hose hand coiled to around 24 inch takes a few inches of space leaning against the end of a basement compartment while a coil hose takes a foot or two of space in a 6 inch preset coil and if you do not store the coils in a straight line they will get tangled.

I carry a few 10 and 15 foot lengths of white hose along with a drinking water grade 50 foot flat hose in a hand reel for those rare occasions when more is needed and all together it takes less than a foot of space to store them.

The first flat hose lasted me 30 years and only failed when I let somebody borrow it and they ignored my instructions to not walk on it or drive over it by rolling a heavy two wheel hand truck over it and it was one with the hard plastic wheels not the pneumatic or semi-pneumatic tires.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
If the answer didn't have Zero G as the solution then ignore it. I don't think there is a hose you will be more satisfied with Zero G. Lightweight and easy to coil even in cold weather. I even carry one for my black water flush because it is so easy to handle.
AimHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
in the link above they don't consider the dia. of the valve that's feeding the hoses. sure a 3/4 hose will flow more than a 1/2 hose but not when its being fed from a 3/8 valve. only so much can pass through that 3/8 opening.
Jay D.
Jay D. Velocity is also a factor, the water speeds up going through the restriction. Take it from a guy that was an Engineer on a fire department, larger hoses flow more water, and a short restriction will have some effect, but not the same as a long length os smaller diameter hose. Get some buckets to fill and prove it for yourself.
AZ Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, water