Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

Commercial MH roadside assistance/extended warranty

Hello all! We are looking into purchasing a plan for extended warranty and roadside assistance for our 2003 Sun Voyager. Problem is it is registered and insured through our commercial policy. I've checked with Good Sam and they do not cover commercially registered vehicles. Does anyone have a similar situation and/or recommendation?
Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
Hello all! We are looking into purchasing a plan for extended warranty and roadside assistance for our 2003 Sun Voyager. Problem is it is registered and insured through our commercial policy. I've checked with Good Sam and they do not cover commercially registered vehicles. Does anyone have a similar situation and/or recommendation?
Thanks!
Hello and welcome!
Can you explain what you mean by the highlighted above?
Do you use this for work only? If it is registered as a "Commercial Vehicle" , you have to stop at weigh stations, have a CDL to drive it, have the proper DOT numbers on the side of it?? Do you run a log book when driving it?

Old 02-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hello and welcome!
Can you explain what you mean by the highlighted above?
Do you use this for work only? If it is registered as a "Commercial Vehicle" , you have to stop at weigh stations, have a CDL to drive it, have the proper DOT numbers on the side of it?? Do you run a log book when driving it?
Well, we own a small audio/video company and all of our vehicles are registered and insured through it. Thank you for the information. This may be the 1st of many anticipated headaches! I appreciate the heads up on your points. Never thought of that. We are reaching out to our broker now....3 days and counting until we pick up the rig.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Well, we own a small audio/video company and all of our vehicles are registered and insured through it. Thank you for the information. This may be the 1st of many anticipated headaches! I appreciate the heads up on your points. Never thought of that. We are reaching out to our broker now....3 days and counting until we pick up the rig.
Here is one more thing to ponder, it it were my business, I would not want anymore liability's attached to it than needed, unless it is a LLC, and all the vehicle's you own a registered through the LLC? Why not just get a normal personal policy through a agent of your choice for you new Coach and keep it separate from your company?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

Wonder about HDT insurance carriers you see advertising at truck stops?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

You may want to try Coach Net to see what they have to say. I know that they are well thought of in the RV community but don't know if you can get coverage or not.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Tried to save a few bucks, eh? Just have your company pay for the policy, no problem.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks!
Try contacting Steven Motz at Wholesale Warrenties Inc. 800-939-2806 if you tell him I referred you you can get $100 off and I get a bump to my name is Carl O'Dell 800-939-2806 it doesn't do any harm to contact him
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #9

Thanks All!

We were able to register under the business without an issue. Vehicle is added to corporate policy and we purchased the extended coverage through the dealer that sold us the RV. Part of the RV's purpose is we install A/V and control systems and we are outfitting this RV as a demo space as well. We also install DirecTV and the new dome dishes are great for RV's and boats. We are a Corporation and wanted to do the demo things properly, so we had to spend more money on insurance, but the RV and its contents are properly covered.

They only issue Camper plates to Class A RV's in our state. The Commercial use is travel from dealer to dealer. Palehorse's comments did make us think, as you never know with the RMV and it's always best to ask first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Here is one more thing to ponder, it it were my business, I would not want anymore liability's attached to it than needed, unless it is a LLC, and all the vehicle's you own a registered through the LLC? Why not just get a normal personal policy through a agent of your choice for you new Coach and keep it separate from your company?