Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Complete newbie question about stabilizers

Hello All !

We have ordered our first ever RV, it's a tiffin class a gasser. I know we have the electronic leveling system but do we also need stabilizers ? I am more sensitive to movement than my partner. I have trouble with motion sickness and vertigo from time to time. I'm wondering if they even make stabilizers for Class A's and if they do make them, do they actually make a difference.

I know this is probably a stupid question but I'm trying to make sure we have as much of the must haves before we take delivery on the coach.

Thanks for your help - we have already learned so much from you all
Gallavanting is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sometimes levelers are called stabilizers. Could this be what you mean? Or maybe a steering stabilizer, which would help steering in wind and if you had a tire blowout?..
Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen these stabilizers that go on and between tires when parked that are supposed to minimize movement in the coach - I know about the steering stabilizers but these are for use when you are camped .
Gallavanting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallavanting View Post
I have seen these stabilizers that go on and between tires when parked that are supposed to minimize movement in the coach - I know about the steering stabilizers but these are for use when you are camped .
I think you are talking about those things that go between the front and back tires on trailers to keep the thing from rolling if unhooked from truck. I do not know how you would put anything like this on a motorhome with one axle. Set your parking brake, put down the jacks and enjoy your coach.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #5

X2 on the info in 530ktm's post.

BTW. Welcome to iRV2.

For your motion sickness , have you tried " Sea Bands " ? They apply pressure to a point on your wrists and are the best non medical motion sickness aid I've heard of , DW had a set with her on our cruise , she didn't need them herself but they helped another passenger who had been bed ridden on medications for two days; 24 hrs later she was off the meds and enjoying the trip.

Tags