Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #1

Hello all,

We are some friends from Spain and we are thinking to travel from New York City, Manhattan to Niagara Falls. Firstly we would like to know where we can rent an RV because we have been cheking all the places and all of them are too far from the city.
We would like to know what you think about the route we want to do and if it is easy to find a place where we can park it to sleep and to rest wtihout any problem.

Thank you all of you in advanced.

Juan
minitigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #2

Hello all,

We are some friends from Spain and we are thinking to travel from New York City, Manhattan to Niagara Falls. Firstly we would like to know where we can rent an RV because we have been cheking all the places and all of them are too far from the city.
We would like to know what you think about the route we want to do and if it is easy to find a place where we can park it to sleep and to rest wtihout any problem.

Thank you all of you in advanced.

Juan
Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Juan - Welcome to the site. You'll find great folks and good information here. Try contacting Cruise America for RV rental information. I can not tell you anything about your intended route as I live in Texas, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses. Again, welcome and happy RVing in America!
Bill-Sharon-Bella(Our Beagle) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #4

Thanks a lot Bill-Sharon and Bella
Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm sure in the outskirts of New York City you will be able to find a bunch of RV rental companies or RV dealers who rent. Depending on your time frame, a good route from NYC to Niagara Falls by-passing the toll-road ($$$)would take you along the southern part of the state. About 1/2 way (7 hours) there is Watkins Glen State Park with all it's water falls. From there to Niagara Falls would be another 3-4 hours. At Niagara Falls there is a nice State park called 4 Mile Creek State Park about 10 north of the falls on the shores of Lake Ontario. By the way what is the price of gas in Spain????
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #6

Hello Superslif, thanks for all the information.

Here the fuel is very expensive, 1 litre = 1.95 $, talking about Gasoil, Gasoline is cheaper but not too much.

Do you know if we are going to need any Visa to enter in Canada and to go where you are recommending us?

We have got just four days to "take a walk". For sure we would like to go to Watkins Glen State Park, I am going to check if we need to book to sleep there, and this will be our choice too "4 Mile Creek State Park".

If you know other place, with these days, we could visit, please tell us.

Thanks again

Juan
Old 07-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you know if we are going to need any Visa to enter in Canada and to go where you are recommending us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Being a US resident I know I need a Passport to return to the US. But visiting Canada as a visitor and trying to return to the US I'm not at all sure.
Here are a few pictures from Watkins Glen when we were there last Aug. Watkins Glen (NY.) We stayed at Watkins Glen State Park. It's a large campground, but I believe only one of the loops has electric, and that is the loop called "Mohawk Village". If you decide to go here I can give you site numbers that are large enough for a rental RV. Be warned: Watkins Glen has 800 steps over the course of about 1-1/2 miles walking up the gorge with 19 water falls, with a 500' elevation change. At 4 mile Creek State Park you can't really go wrong with what ever site you get. They have a lot of level open sites. Being about 10 minutes away from Niagara Falls it's very low key and away from the "hussle & noise" of the falls area. You feel like your out in the country.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote