Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #15

We bought the zone pass and used it quite a bit the first year. Mostly in Calif, Ore and Wash (state). Most of the sites are fine, a bit older but all the ones we visited were decent and we would go back. The ones along the Ore coast are just breathtaking.
Didn't renew for the second year, simply because we were parking that year.
We most likely will buy one again when we get ready to roll again. They are not $100/night luxury RV places, but then you aren't spending $100/night at TT (Unless of course you only use it 5 nights per year, then you probably are).

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #16

Membership does not mean anything anymore, anybody can come in, long term people get the best sites, not a club like many years ago.
If it is free try it, you may like them. No way would I buy a membership now.
It is not like a time share, they no longer push them as in the past.

Oh, and the best sites also are occupied by CABINS now. So more sites are not available to members, but did they reduce the yearly dues because of this no, fewer site same cost! Not fair.
Harrysait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #17

We sat through the sales presentation 4 years ago. Also visited (Just drove through) campgrounds in Ca. It's not for us. Were not luxury campground people by any means, but the campgrounds we did visit were DUMPS! Like I said not for us.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #18

"Complimentary" Thousand Trails...

We had a complimentary 1 yr when we purchased our first MH. During the three yrs we owned it, we were able to upgrade from a Zone to the entire West coast. We sold the coach and let the member ship end. Our experiences in California was nice. We tried out 5 different locations and they all had different experiences and locales. One common theme was that they had been acquired by or changed hands frequently by different investors and the management and quality of the sites varied drastically. The biggest problem in California is that we have the largest homeless population in the USA and many families who have jobs and can’t afford homes, purchase RVs and memberships in these camping clubs so they have a place to live. They are micro communities, some are good and some are terrible.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
While in central Washington for my 50th High School reunion went to the TT @ Crescent Bar asking questions and did they have an RV dump station for use by non members..and did they have a spot available for a 40'+ RV with toad..
Girl at the entry kiosk got real snooty, said everything is for members only and said no, I could not even tour their facility until I after was a member..

Sorry TT...I don't buy a "pig in a poke sack"

Went to the Grant County/PUD Recreational/RV park at the other end of Crescent Bar...REALLY REALLY NICE!!! Whom ever laid the campsites out had to have been an active Big Rig RV'r with toys...$40 a nite...has Water/electric (real steady & strong power)..Sewer hookups will be online in '19...and they are looking at putting in a public dump station in the future.
(The also have a Golf coarse,beach for swimming,play ground, marina with moorage/docks, paved/hard surface bicycle/walking paths)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #20

I stayed at a TT campground, without being a member, for a week or two over 2 years. I just called the local CG number and even though the reservation number said "no vacancies" the gal I talked to at the actual CG said "We have plenty of openings, come on down", and she rented us a spot, no problem. My sister is a diehard TT member with all the badges (Encore and a couple others) - they are about to retire and will try to stay in TT CGs a lot - I think they can stay for 21 days at a time for free ("free" costs them the $50 /month payment) and then one week out. I bought a zone pass last year when they had a special - just expired - I'll probably buy another.

I would agree that for a while they were leasing a lot of spots for a year - and yes they were always a 50A site (with a meter). On labor day I was back at the TT CG I usually frequent and noticed a lot of the leased sites were now available for the general public (I grabbed one for the week) - I heard they were raising the lease rates so high that most decided it wasn't worth it. I also read somewhere that this is an intentional way to eliminate the long term people.

I have a few friends that tell me "I have a ton of money invested in this membership - if I had to do it over I wouldn't join" yet whenever I call them I ask where they are and sure enough they are in a TT CG.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, thank you for all the replies. We've never had the need to join TT so I guess that won't change in the future.
Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdsgone2dogs View Post
Well, thank you for all the replies. We've never had the need to join TT so I guess that won't change in the future.
Thanks again.
You got the year membership for free, so you might as well use it. I also got a free TT year membership when I bought my MH back in 2013. The year was almost up when I decided to use it. I'm also in FL and there are (or at least were) only 3 TT parks in the state. There aren't all that many parks in the whole southeast zone actually. I think I used it twice before it ran out. We went to the TT in Clermont which wasn't too bad, especially considering it was free. Before the year expired TT offered me a one year renewal for $199, which I bought. I think I went to Clermont 2 more times and once to their Peace River "preserve" which had an ongoing electric issue on their waterfront sites. Neither park is easy to get to from the Ft Lauderdale area, where I live.

After the 2nd year it was up to $400 or $500 something or other to renew and it just wasn't worth it to me.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We went to one, sat through the sales presentation, got our free sleeping bags AFTER having to ask for them. The salesman took us back to our campsite put the sleeping bags is his trunk. Again we had to ask for them and he was reluctant to get them. We did go look at another park but it was too far away to be useful to us. Haven't looked at them again.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #24

Our experience has been they are slowly weeding out the “transients” with the camping passes and moving toward all park model sites. Meanwhile, they’re using the monies generated from the transients to upgrade to the park model sites.
Hookin_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote