Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
What was the written warning for he received?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Lindsay- Distributing the list as Freedom of Info act is prohibited by the law itself. My understanding from the FHP article was the list is not distributed intact but a specific request can determine if an individual has a CCP.

From the article, for all intent and purpose the individual was likely totally legal if he did have a weapon passing through the State. It makes it difficult when you try to be informed and comply with the individual laws as you travel.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #17

I read in an article that the list was requested as a freedom of information act by the state of MD and cross referenced to the tag number through the name of the owners. I know that there have been case of bulk delivery of the names as there have been cases of newspaper printing address and even an interactive map so you could check around your neighborhood.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
According to the article, the state of Maryland obtained the list of Florida concealed carry licensees via a freedom on information request. I am one of them along with over 1 million others Floridians. The car tag reader checks the license number against the data base and alerts the trooper 2 miles up ahead and tells them that they have a match. The officer pulls along side and compares the driver to the digital photograph from the computer and pulls over the driver who has not broken any traffic laws and asks him where is his weapon.
HOLY COW that's ... uhmm if that's true, that's friggin scary and totally wrong... what does the stupid state have to gain from that any way? Matter of fact, why the heck is Maryland even a state anyway?

CC holders are almost never the ones that commit the crimes, what a waste of tax payer dollars to rig up that system. Go catch some real crooks eh?

By the way, I really feel that that kind of stop is 100% unacceptable. If I didn't break any traffic laws, and I didn't give you any probable cause to stop me, search me, ask me a damn thing, then you just broke the law. retarded.

If the wife said what she said, well that sucks, but I think the stop in the first place was illegal. Do you realize how invasive this is? To stop a person because he has a legal ccl in a totally different state with no knowledge that he is bringing a gun into your own state or not??? hmm that's crazy.

Maybe we should have some fun with this, and form a Maryland CCL rally, where everyone goes into Maryland on the same day, and carries bags of dog poo in your basement with a label on the outside that says GUN IN HERE.

"search away sir, please, by all means... look anywhere... but the basement."
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #19

Concealed carry holders

It seems very unfortunate that Americans have to have laws allowing them to carry firearms in order to feel safe. When you see the news about how many innocent people are injured or killed by some idiot with a gun I would be thinking. Why not make it harder to get a firearm of any kind and everyone would be safer. If everyone can buy a gun as easy as it seems to be in the U.S. this would make me feel very nervous. Most people carrying guns have no training or a license with any restrictions as they can walk into a gun shop and as long as there are not problems can buy what they want and do what they want after a check on their past. This does not mean they are stable today and may turn into a idiot tomorrow and now you are not safe. Not everyone thinks and acts as stable people do and some should not have the privelage. This is why not all should be able to bear arms. Crooks will always find a way but why not make it harder? Sorry but these are my thoughts and I know I will get flack from many and I can relate but just think being more secure with regulations would help.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
PLEASE DOCUMENT ANY SIMILAR EVENT OF WHICH YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE.

There has been incidences on RV forums similar to this one. If it impossible for readers to make any accurate conclusions since we do not know all of the facts having only one side of the story.

What is relevant is if this is a frequent occurrence and with that information we could get a better perspective of the situation. I personally have never known an RVer who has experienced this kind of occurrence. With this in mind, DOES ANY READER KNOW OF A SUCH AN OCCURRENCE. If there are none, then that would say volumes about this situation.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sorry but we won't get to the point of anyone getting flack.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread