Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #1

Contacting a Newbie

Around 5-6 P.M. today I ran into a new RVER at the Flying J at Exit 77, I-80 LaSalle-Peru, IL I think this was their first trip out with a used (new to them) motor home towing a car on what appeared to be a brand new dolly. He told me about the problem he had had with his water heater and other issues that seemed to be overwhelming to he and his wife. I assured them that while not always a bed of roses nor a piece of cake that RVing is definitely a wonderful lifestyle and/or hobby. I gave them a couple of pointers including how to get to this site. After I was back on the road I thought that the least I could have done was give them my email address and offered any other help/suggestions . SO---- if they get to this msg. please feel free to contact me or any other members of this forum who collectively could write the book on RVing. Hope to hear Ken Roberts.....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I was lucky when I purchased first RV. My friend and coworker was very experienced. I can only imagine how intimidating it would have been to drive off the lot after a 45 minute walk through. Very nice of you to help. I'm sure it eased their minds a bit.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, ....I bought a new Toyota Dolphin in 1987, the 4 banger version. Lived in it for 4 years while stationed down in Phoenix. Outside of the briefing given by the dealership and the manuals, I was pretty much on my own. Kept it for 18 years and did the majority of the non-chassis repairs and mods myself. Looking back, I know that process would have been so much easier had I had the access to the information that I get or find here on irv2.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That would be a nice gesture. I am thinking of adding my forum i.d. and which forums I subscribe to on my "business" cards in orger for me to hand them to just such people.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I carry a "Texas Boomers" "business card." It is populate with pink flamingos, our name, address, email address and phone number. I just hand them out. The back of the card is populated with this: (Some words from Texas Boomers web site)

"We are not an exclusive RV group as many are.
We take pride in what we have regardless of the price tags attached.
We work hard and make sacrifices to get our RV's and take care of them as long as we have them

It doesn't matter if you have a pop-up, a 5th wheel or a $500,000+ motorhome with all the bells and whistles. what matters is being a part of a great group of people, making new friends from across the state, ejoying a rally filled with fun and laughter and doing what we all love to do - get out in our rigs.

Wherever we go, our birds follow"
(Note: That would be those trashy pink flamingos (stakes) that the Texas Boomers have a lot of.)

That pretty much sums up a lot of folks on iRV2. Maybe not 100%, but darn close.

It would be nice to get a card in return. Then as Ken indicated there could be a follow-up on how things are going. We can become overwhelmed sometimes at repair and maintenance costs. Sometimes we just need to sit back and let the retirement check catch up.

Happy trails.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags