Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"TCollins".....you have a standard installation and there is nothing wrong. Hundreds of thousands of other convection ovens work just like yours. Just turn the Fantastic fan in the kitchen on if you want to expel the heat. It's no different than your house.....in 100 degree weather, do you typically cook food in your oven at home....no. Like most, in hot weather you don't want to heat up the kitchen, in an RV or a house.
The word "Convection" confuses some folks into thinking it''s something special, which is is not. Convection = heat circulated by moving air.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 02:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
There's no external venting and as I thought about it for awhile why would you want to pull all your heat out of the oven?
Quote:
Perhaps there is cooling fan that circulates air around the exterior of the oven? I need to investigate more but don't look forward to removing the microwave. It is concerning because when using the convection oven it conducts a lot of heat into the interior of the MH. If there is a cooling fan I need to figure out a way to vent it externally.
Does your micro wave at home vent heat out of your oven? NO. Does you oven vent heat out side? NO. What makes your think your MH Microwave would vent heat from inside your oven? The exhaust vent pulls heat from the cook top, AROUND the microwave, at vents it to the outside. Just like it does at my house. Your conv/microwave blows your cooktop heat "back in you face" The RV manufacturers didn't install outside vents because they cost MONEY. I recently removed my "Blow it back in your face" hood fan with a side exhaust version. My microwave is a countertop version. I cut a 3" x 10" hole in the side of my trailer and installed a wall cap with a flap. You can do the same with your microwave. It's only held up with two screws on the top and a bracket on the back. I'll never understand the concept of blowing hot air back in your face!!! It's done in new homes and RV's all the time. It's called "Being cheap". The motorized vent fan in the ceiling of the MH/Trailer is not designed to remove cooking heat and humidity. It's just done by cheap manufacturers.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are a number of RV manufacturers who install outside vents for MW/Conv ovens - my current MH has one - my three previous trailers/5vers had them also.

All of our S&B homes over the last 40 years have had outside vents. I think they're a great feature for helping with heat control.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 AM   #18

Quote:
I did not have any experience with a convection microwave until we purchased our current MH.

When using the convection feature a lot of heat is given off into the MH. I didn't know if this is normal or something that needs attention. Just seems like the heat given off is excessive.

Thanks
Yes, a convection oven gives off heat. A convection oven is just a regular oven with a fan in it to circulate the air. If you don't want a lot of heat given off use the microwave part of it.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave