Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #1

Converter?????

Last weekend we went out to our country place where our 94 Winnebago Vectra is on her pad and plugged into 50 amps. All went pretty well until the next morning while wee ib the patio drinking coffee, the air conditioner kicked off and we went inside to find that we had no 12 volt working, overhead lights were off, thermostat was off( thats why no air cond. ) coffee pot 110v was on, dash radio was off too. We think it's the converter but we don't know where it is located, Checked all breakers too. We have a 94 Vectra RQ33. Can anyone out there help?

Ron and Glenda
Flyflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We just got the Dimensions inverter back from the manufacturer (Sensata) after a $500 rebuild. The symptoms were the same. All of the 12V stuff was off. I have not reinstalled it to see if it works though.

First I would measure the voltage with a volt-ohm meter. Our batteries were about completely dead. The rig was parked so I am not sure how long this took. Next if it is a Dimensions call them DIMENSIONS™ DC to AC inverters, part of Sensata Technologies Their techs can walk you through some things to try to see if it is shot.

If it is, I know $500 sounds like a lot of money but the cost of a new one like ours was $1500 and some of the other brands $2000.

Good luck.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Not sure, but if you pull out and remove the bottom drawer of you closet in the bedroom on the passenger side, you might find it but again I don't read diagrams so well. Here's the diagram pdf

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1994/112484.pdf Page 17

If you need any other diagrams, they're posted in the sticky section on the top of the Winnebago page.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Mine was a 2000 Adventurer and it was under the drawer below the stove. You need to remove the drawer.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
Not sure, but if you pull out and remove the bottom drawer of you closet in the bedroom on the passenger side, you might find it but again I don't read diagrams so well. Here's the diagram pdf

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1994/112484.pdf Page 17

If you need any other diagrams, they're posted in the sticky section on the top of the Winnebago page.

In looking at the .pdf diagram, that's where I saw it too! Below the closet, passenger side.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Oops I never said where it was located. Ours is in the basement electrical compartment behind the LR duals. It hangs on the side wall, not an easy thing to remove and reinstall since it weighs 43lbs and there is not a lot of room in there.

Hooked the rebuilt unit back up today and so far all is well.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter