Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Set them on the counter at a slight angle so they slide over one another and they will separate easily. I have 3 Corell here that I do that with, Just slide them. I'd like to have more and will as I replace older plastic stuff.

The fun one here was my wife bought a pair of casserole dishes, put one inside the other and they got stuck.. No way were those coming apart.

So i dumped a couple quarts of ice water (Well 35 degree) into the inner one and set the outer one in a sink of hot dishwater, Few seconds later they came right apart.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #30

I cannot get to the advice stage as I cannot get over the thought that if the Corelle dishes give you a problem in advance of getting on the road, then when a real problem comes up, as many will, a sanitarium may be the only out.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barndog View Post
We have used corelle ware in our camper for years without any problems. When we wash the dishes we stagger them and this seems to work well. We also have some plastic plates,bowls and glasses which have worked well for us.
x2 on the Corelle and have used the same set through several RVs over several years. We split up the sticks and bricks set about 3 RV's back and have supplemented it with several of the larger serving type platters to use when we are eating other than at the coach dinette table. We also keep an ample supply of paper plates and wicker plate holders.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Corelle is a brand of glassware and dishware. It is made of Vitrelle, a tempered glass product consisting of two types of glass laminated into three layers. The thermal bonding of these layers gives Corelle its strength, allowing it to be thinner and lighter than other dinnerware. Nonetheless it is remarkably durable, in addition to being chemical resistant, and is both dishwasher and microwave safe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corelle
What Are Corelle Dishes? | eHow

I've been using Corelle since 1975 and then 14 years in my 5er and MH and have only broken two dishes or bowels.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To the OP and the original er ah "problem". I will reveal a secret and a helpful hint.

Our Corelle wear set has a nice wavy pattern completely around the circumference "very French" and stylish depending on your taste. This waviness makes it impossible for plates to seat completely together ie; the lumpiness I referred to earlier. Even my nail-less wood shop worn fingers can lift them gingerly from their pile, wet or dry.

Perhaps a trip to a local store to acquaint yourself with the impressive array of styles now found in Corelle Wear and the reasonable prices.

The bonding you deplore is as common as the solutions. One thing that can be said of Corelle Wear users; "we stick together".
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #34

Take the sticky ones outside and rub the bottoms in rough dirt or rock for about 5 minutes. You don't eat off the bottom side so you won't notice it. If anybody else gets close enough to look and comment, hit them. This is not rocket science.

Or, just get Dollar store plastic plates. You can still wash them out/off.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Set them on the counter at a slight angle so they slide over one another and they will separate easily.
Counter? What counter? Actually, I do have a little but not very much (see photo) and I suppose I have to learn how best to use it. It's barely wide enough to lay a dinner plate upon and I need to learn how to keep water from wet plates dripping over the sides down the woodwork, into the cabinets and onto the floor. How do you do that?

I've only spent two nights in the RV sine I bought it. the feedback and ideas on this site have been very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	52284  
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Take the sticky ones outside and rub the bottoms in rough dirt or rock for about 5 minutes. You don't eat off the bottom side so you won't notice it. If anybody else gets close enough to look and comment, hit them. This is not rocket science.

Or, just get Dollar store plastic plates. You can still wash them out/off.
How do you know I don't eat of the bottoms? Hahah, kidding.

On a serious note, if I knew for a fact that Dollar Store plastic plates were microwave safe I'd consider them. We have a Dollar Tree here in Berkeley. I should swing by to see what they have.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Corelle is a brand of glassware and dishware. It is made of Vitrelle, a tempered glass product consisting of two types of glass laminated into three layers. The thermal bonding of these layers gives Corelle its strength, allowing it to be thinner and lighter than other dinnerware. Nonetheless it is remarkably durable, in addition to being chemical resistant, and is both dishwasher and microwave safe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corelle
What Are Corelle Dishes? | eHow
They will break if thrown at a tree!! Years ago DW and I were on a picknic with her boss and she got out the corralle. The boss commented and she threw one at a tree to prove they don't break!! Ya they break but difficultly!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
To the OP and the original er ah "problem". I will reveal a secret and a helpful hint...

Perhaps a trip to a local store to acquaint yourself with the impressive array of styles now found in Corelle Wear and the reasonable prices.

The bonding you deplore is as common as the solutions. One thing that can be said of Corelle Wear users; "we stick together".
Funny crack, wise guy. LOL!

Good idea. I should look around to see what other Correlle styles I can find. I did look at their site before I ordered mine, and looking again it's not really possible to tell which if any of their dinnerware sets might have edges I can get my fingertips between.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Our cats will jump right up on the table and lick everything clean. Then your ready for the next meal. No need to put them away.
So will mine, the cats rough tongue gets them right clean!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've been using Corelle since 1975 and then 14 years in my 5er and MH and have only broken two dishes or bowels.
You're not trying hard enough!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Set them on the counter at a slight angle so they slide over one another and they will separate easily.
What do you use to keep water from the rinsed, wet dishes from running off the counter, down the woodwork, into the cabinets and onto the floor?
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoRuss View Post
Counter? What counter? Actually, I do have a little but not very much (see photo) and I suppose I have to learn how best to use it. It's barely wide enough to lay a dinner plate upon and I need to learn how to keep water from wet plates dripping over the sides down the woodwork, into the cabinets and onto the floor. How do you do that?

I've only spent two nights in the RV sine I bought it. the feedback and ideas on this site have been very helpful.
You might want to get a range cover, or make one out of plywood. That would give you an extra work surface.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote