Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosters 67 View Post
Light bulb just came on....Use a glass drill bit and drill hole in center of each plate....no more water tension,vacuum,temperature differential, or whatever force will hold your plates together.

Glad to be of help
Big help you are... I went to the store but the only drill bits they had were metal, not glass. Hahah.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
You might want to get a range cover, or make one out of plywood. That would give you an extra work surface.
Good idea, thanks.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #45

Put a small wash cloth or hand towel on the shelf with it hanging over the edge to catch and water.

Here's what I do. Dirty dishes in left sink, RV dish rack (Camping World) in right sink. Wash dishes with a sponge in left sink and rinse. Stack separated in dish rack. Would that be too hard?

If you can't find a dish rack small enough, wash different dishes, pots and bowels and randomly throw them in the air drying sink. Who's gonna know or care. Once they're dry, put them away.

Three pages on how to wash dishes. Gotta love this site when thing get slow.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Put a small wash cloth or hand towel on the shelf with it hanging over the edge to catch and water.

Here's what I do. Dirty dishes in left sink, RV dish rack (Camping World) in right sink. Wash dishes with a sponge in left sink and rinse. Stack separated in dish rack. Would that be too hard?

If you can't find a dish rack small enough, wash different dishes, pots and bowels and randomly throw them in the air drying sink. Who's gonna know or care. Once they're dry, put them away.
I've dropped and broken a number of plates trying to wash them without one edge of the plate resting on the sink bottom while washing it. That technique doesn't work if you have dirty dishes in the sink. That's usually where I've put them. If I alter my style, however, and keep the dirty ones on the countertop and washing them one-by-one then I can stay with my "safety" washing technique.

I do have the little Camping World dish drainer and it fits neatly into either of my RV sink basins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Three pages on how to wash dishes. Gotta love this site when thing get slow.
Next... how to tie one's shoe laces. LOL.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Corelle Vive Sculptured 16-Piece Dinner Set, Service for 4 : Amazon.com : Kitchen & Dining

Here is a sculptured set at Amazon. It is very much like ours. Worth a look.

I read the reviews and a lot of people complained that the plates would not stick together like their old set. (kidding, I'm kidding)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #48

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoRuss View Post
Funny crack, wise guy. LOL!

Good idea. I should look around to see what other Correlle styles I can find. I did look at their site before I ordered mine, and looking again it's not really possible to tell which if any of their dinnerware sets might have edges I can get my fingertips between.
Corelle dinnerware - Yahoo Canada Image Search Results

Here is a site with lots of patterns, if you look closely you will see some have a bit of a ridge just off the rim, these 'should not stick' look also to see if any of them have the bottom 'rim' you find on china and porcelan dishes, this is what keeps them from acting like you have Gorilla Glue in the wash or rinse water..
Old 12-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
Corelle dinnerware - Yahoo Canada Image Search Results Here is a site with lots of patterns, if you look closely you will see some have a bit of a ridge just off the rim, these 'should not stick' look also to see if any of them have the bottom 'rim' you find on china and porcelan dishes, this is what keeps them from acting like you have Gorilla Glue in the wash or rinse water..
Can't see the bottoms of any of the dishes and can't order from a pages of photos (it's not a retail site), but at least I can see some plates with scalloped edges.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #50

We use foam plates or enamel coated camping plates!!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
I did not say they would not break I was just explaining what made them strong so it was a little harder to break them. I don't have Corelle in the RV. The dishes are a china set that we got from Big Lots. We picked up some extra large coffee cups from Target and I use one of those in the morning, Thom uses an extra large coffee mug in the shape of a skull that some friends gave him that they got in England. For other drinks we use wide mouth mason jars.

That picture of the 'kitchen' makes me very glad that I have the one I have in mine. When we look at maybe upgrading that's one of the first things I look at is the size of the counters and the storage space.

Other than suggesting getting a different set or scuffing up what you already have I am not sure what else there is for you to do to make them not to stick together when wet.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #52

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoRuss View Post
Can't see the bottoms of any of the dishes and can't order from a pages of photos (it's not a retail site), but at least I can see some plates with scalloped edges.

Thanks.
I am thinking the idea is to pick a pattern and just go to the Corelle site and find out where you can go to fine it... The Corelle Dinnerware is heavier and quite nice, Square only and solid colours, I don't think it would stick together!

Square Dinnerware Sets | Corelle

hope you find one that suits the requirements... (as long as it holds the Eggs ,Bacon and Hash browns on my plate I will live with whatever grief it chooses! )
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have had my Corelle set for 30+ years and love it. I have never experienced a problem with them sticking together (although I guess they might have stuck together and it just didn't bother me). I have them both at home and in the motorhome. They work great for me!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #54

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we send ours out like dry cleaning
Old 12-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashqueen View Post
We use foam plates or enamel coated camping plates!!
The foam plates you discard after one use? Like styrofoam? Those aren't microwave safe, are they? Can you use enamel plates in the microwave?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #56

Alright, I tried it tonight. I put a drop of dish soap on one plate, added a little water and smeared it around. When I put the two plates together, they could not be separated by sliding them sideways. I really didn't try too hard, but normal pressure didn't move them. YOU MUST HAVE FINGERNAILS or use some kinda tool. Didn't try running water between them; was in a hurry to get the dishes done.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote