Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Question Cover in S. Texas

We live in south Texas and currently have a TT, 3yrs old that has been stored outside, not under cover. Obviously, wear is beginning to show, regardless of how clean we keep it.

We're considering buying a Class C (haven't fully decided if a full body paint is worth it). Regardless, with the step up in $$, I'd like to do a better job in caring for the exterior but a covered spot will cost us 4x what we pay now in storage (can't store it at home).

I'm looking at covers $400+. I know they don't last forever....... but would it be worth it for a year or two per cover? My concern is mold/mildew.
  • Has anyone used one and did you consider it worth the investment?
  • Do they really do the job of keeping the UV off.
  • Do I need to worry about it trapping heat and doing more damage than good?????
  • I read that it might scratch at the corners????
  • What would YOU do?
Any words of advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
GoodTimes,

Hope things work out on the Class "C". I would suggest going with full body paint if you decide to get one. No comparrison in ease of upkeep in my opinion.

As far as the cover, I would suggest searching "RV Covers". I have seen some good discusions on the topic. I personally have never used one, but I know the opinions seem to be split about 50/50. Good luck!

Joshua 24:15
ChucknTammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucknTammy View Post
GoodTimes,

Hope things work out on the Class "C". I would suggest going with full body paint if you decide to get one. No comparrison in ease of upkeep in my opinion.

As far as the cover, I would suggest searching "RV Covers". I have seen some good discusions on the topic. I personally have never used one, but I know the opinions seem to be split about 50/50. Good luck!

Thanks for the paint advice......it's pretty much what we've decided on. Better in the long run. As for the cover, jury's still out on that one.

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Full body paint and keep a good wax job on it. I waxed mine in the fall before the weather cools down and in the spring it was filthy from winter dust and being covered in snow. I just gave it a good wash and it looks great and the water still beads off it. Hope you find a good C!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #5

My suggestion would be to put that money toward a pole-barn type cover, if you have the room. With the sun and the hail and the blowing dirt that you are faced with, a more permanent cover over the top of your rig, (and on the sides too) would be of better benefit.

You might also consider making it wide and tall enough for "future expansion".

Just my opinion. With your (our) wind, I don't know how long a cover would last.

Play Tom Sawyer and involve your friends!

Tags
texas