Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Craftsman Portable Air Compressor on Sale...

I've seen folks recommend this Air Compressor and have been looking...it's normally $99 but it's on sale for $79 on line and if you use AAA you get 5% more off..."in store free pickup today" and it's just over $80 out the door...didn't know if this is the right place to post this though so if this is wrong I apologize!

Get one...you don't want a flat tire...! Getting mine when they open this morning!

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #2

Quite a deal!

This compressor is the best for a Class A IMHO...light and fills the tires quickly.

Takes up very little storage space and with a 20 foot extension cord you can reach ALL of your tires!

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I just now came in from using it to air up my motorcycle tires and coach tires for the winter. Excellent unit.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #4

Thank you on my way to pick one up.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Great deal. I paid $90 last year. Great unit.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #6

I have a portable pancake compressor and don't find it very useful for larger tires. It does not deliver enough air to overcome the pressure in the tire, it will pump up to 125 psi as advertised but stops when the trailer tire gets to about 35 psi. Works fine for small cleanup jobs and bicycle tires.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
I have a portable pancake compressor and don't find it very useful for larger tires. It does not deliver enough air to overcome the pressure in the tire, it will pump up to 125 psi as advertised but stops when the trailer tire gets to about 35 psi. Works fine for small cleanup jobs and bicycle tires.
Perhaps, but that's NOT the one this thread is discussing...

I have one of the Craftsman 150 PSI units this thread is discussing too - keep it in the MH, and by far, one of the best units for size, price, and performance I've ever seen - airs up our MH tires to 100-110 PSI with absolutely NO strain!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #8

Got one this last summer. Perfect, it gives me the 100lbs I need and with toad and motorcycle it is important and easy to have along. You can always blow out spaces too.
P J Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #9

Totally agree... This is a great unit. It is very easy to use & we have added "quick connect" adapters so it is easy to in- line connect our digital gauge and chuck. Considered using our on-board Coach compressor, but have grown to appreciate that having this unit and set-up makes it sooooooo much easier and, as a result, we pay much closer attention keeping the tires on our MH, our Toad & our bicycles at the correct pressure(s).
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have one of these units. I know that it's not the unit that is being discussed in this discussion.
VIAIR Corporation - 450P-Automatic Part No. 45043

I paid a lot more for the unit that I have, than the one that is being sold at Sears. I might go get one of them to have, here at the house .

Now just to get it past "She Who Must be Obeyed!"

If We Can't Haul It.....You Don't Need It! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought this type last year and it has worked flawlessly. Fits easily into compartment for travel.
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #12

Bought the identical compressor last year while wintering in Fl. You can't beat this compresor for airing up MH tires. I run 110 lbs in the fronts and 115 lbs in the dual rears and the unit has no problems with those pressures.

Those who purchase this compressor should take care to follow the "15 minute break-in procedure". Simply open the drain valve on the bottom of the tank and run the compressor for 15 minutes with no pressure on the gauge. Once that's done close the drain valve and you're ready to go
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
Those who purchase this compressor should take care to follow the "15 minute break-in procedure". Simply open the drain valve on the bottom of the tank and run the compressor for 15 minutes with no pressure on the gauge. Once that's done close the drain valve and you're ready to go
Thanks for this tip however I don't see anything in the instructions (yes I read them) that describe a 'break-in' procedure...where is this reference coming from? Thank you -
Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstpoet View Post
Thanks for this tip however I don't see anything in the instructions (yes I read them) that describe a 'break-in' procedure...where is this reference coming from? Thank you -
It's in the Operating Instruction Manual which came with my compressor. Unfortunately the info is not at the beginning of the instructions. It appears later in the directions. Double check your manual!

Pages 14-15 in my manual have the following warning!
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. SERIOUS DAMAGE MAY RESULT IF THE FOLLOWING BREAK-IN INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT CLOSELY FOLLOWED.
This procedure is required BEFORE the air compressor is put into service.

1. Make sure the Off/Auto switch is in the OFF position.

2. Turn the regulator knob counter-clockwise until it stops.

3. Plug the power coard into the correct branch circut receptacle.

4. Open the drain valve fully (counter-clockwise) to permit air to escape and prevent air pressure build up in the air tank during the break-in period.

5. Move the Off/Auto switch to the "AUTO" position. The compressor will start.

6. Run the compressor for 15 minutes. Make sure the drain valve is open and there is minimal air pressure build-up in the tank.

7. After 15 minutes, close the drain valve (clockwise). The air receiver will fill to "cut-out" pressure and the motor will stop.

THE COMPRESSOR IS NOW READY FOR USE.

The placement of the "break-in" info deep into the Owners Manual appears A$$ backwards, if you ask me!
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, sale