Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #15

As I posted in his comments, If they really were "old", as he described them, they didn't get that way by letting uninvited strangers into their van at night.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting RV picture I found online several months ago. Sounds like the "old" couple need this on the window of their camper.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
X2...retired two years ago after a 31 year career in LE. My best advice to people was always the best way to help us was to be a good witness and call the police when something doesn't look right. They will decide how busy they are and if it's worth a response. You never know a Patrol Cop could be right around the corner and stop and talk to the guy. I will tell you the last thing you ever want to do is shoot someone unless you absolutely have too, even when it is a straight up self defense, had to do it type shooting, you and your family will get put through the wringer and all the stress and anxiety that comes with it. Guys like this are everywhere, and some of them are just plain crazy and will escalate the situation faster than you can keep up with.
Roger that! At the very most that might be called harassment(both parties). Nothing life-threatening.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post

X2...retired two years ago after a 31 year career in LE. My best advice to people was always the best way to help us was to be a good witness and call the police when something doesn't look right. They will decide how busy they are and if it's worth a response. You never know a Patrol Cop could be right around the corner and stop and talk to the guy. I will tell you the last thing you ever want to do is shoot someone unless you absolutely have too, even when it is a straight up self defense, had to do it type shooting, you and your family will get put through the wringer and all the stress and anxiety that comes with it. Guys like this are everywhere, and some of them are just plain crazy and will escalate the situation faster than you can keep up with.
Thanks. It is tough for even working officers today. Glad I am retired. Retired 20 years ago LASD.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Its getting like Dodge City and if you don't take care of yourself and love ones you may not see tomorrow! I have plenty of fire power to take care of whom ever is with me. I also have a open/concelled weapons permit.

Wiley
Oklahoma
coyotebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Wiley
coyotebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
[QUOTE=wyorancher;2450740]Start driving around my RV and taking pix and stalking I would dial 911. Not stalk you back if that was the case. If someone came to my door and demanded entrance the proper procedure is to report it. Isn't that what law enforcement is for? Damn, this ain't Dodge City in the 1800s. We do have police departments in the 21st century. All we need is some wanta be cop that ends up being shot for no reason except for stupidity. Jmo

Self defense is not "stalking someone back"... Being prepared to handle an escalating situation is called backbone. There are not enough cops on duty to respond to every victim or call for help that occurs on a given night. By all means escape the situation if possible by locking your doors and driving away, and report the situation. Getting the perps lisc plate might prevent someone else from becoming a victim but actually the nut case broke no law, so the police response would be rather slow. A lifetime of police work has formed my not so humble opinion...
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #22

I was considering trying out Wally Worlds for overnight stops but maybe not now. That is beyond creepy.

They might have followed the "old couple" down the road and really caused problems.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Creepy, but the youtube comments are hilarious. I LOL'd. What a moron.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:31 AM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That was pretty dumb! Thank goodness the RV'ers did not let him inside!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #25

The guy is an idiot and dangerous, too, if he thinks it's okay to approach someone in their RV at night.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I don't get it, why would stay anywhere where you don't feel safe. Is saving $35.00 worth your safety?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Point. I don't know there situation.
I've never stayed in a Wal Mart lot over night.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #28

We got stuck out late one night and ended up in a Walmart parking lot north of San Francisco. It wasn't bad, parked next to another RV and chatted for a while. Just have to watch your surroundings and make the best assessment you can re the safety. This one was in a nice area, clean, and no strange people walking or driving about( at least where the RV's were parked). Felt safe, slept well and left early in the AM with no problems.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote