Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
We dont stay in Wal Marts for all of the previous reasons. We feel better in regular campgrounds. Its defenitely not as cheap but we feel much more secure. In lieu of Wal Mart youd be better off in a Flying J or a Large truck stop

07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #30
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
We dont stay in Wal Marts for all of the previous reasons. We feel better in regular campgrounds. Its defenitely not as cheap but we feel much more secure. In lieu of Wal Mart youd be better off in a Flying J or a Large truck stop
Hmmm...you don't stay in Walmart but you advise a truck stop is safer? What do you base that opinion on?

2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #31
Monaco Owners Club
I would be afraid to sneeze in a WM parking lot at night!! You most likely would get shot!!
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
Some folks are watching too many television programs. Too much sensationalization on the tube to be believeable.

Not saying things do not happen just not on every corner.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #33
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I would be afraid to sneeze in a WM parking lot at night!! You most likely would get shot!!
Based on a lot of the replies here I would be more concerned about sneezing anywhere near a lot of rvs. Bullets would be flying every which way.

I have used walmarts and have not had problems. Most times the wife runs in for a few things and to chat with the manager and let them know we are there. I will stay outside and walk around the rig a few times, Have a smoke, walk around more, maybe sit in the passenger seat and use the laptop with all the windows wide open making sure anyone watching sees me and me also making note of what is around. if there are other RV folks around I try and at least say hi for a min so they know what I look like and i know what they look like so we can keep an eye on each others stuff.

There is no reason to be so afraid. Just observant and confident and take small easy preventative measures. There are theifs but they want quick easy pawns to get that next little bag of meth or heroin and they will take the easy over the hard every time. The whole armed intruder coming to rape us or kill us for whatever reason is incredibly rare, I would wager a blowout at 60mph or the rig catching fire for some reason or just a simple accident driving has higher odds of happening. I will invest a lot more time and energy in being prepared for something like that than i will spend worried that some guy taking a lunch break in his car or waiting for his girlfriend to get off work at wally world is gonna decide i need to be shot then take my rv or whatever just out of the blue.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #34
Coastal Campers
Spartan Chassis
Like many others, we check with management, drive around WM for the best/secure place. We only use WM when in a hurry. One place, Selma, AL., I was worried, checked with security and they drove by very 15 to 30 minutes checking on us..The best deli I have found in a long time. Now we stop, just to shop...

Safe Travels,
Redonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
Commercial Member
over the past 20 years of traveling, ive stayed at walmart hundreds of times, on my way to an assignment. i do stay at regular campgrounds when i arrive on site for my work. i only stay at super walmarts. ive never had a problem. walmart has good security with cameras everywhere, and if youre friendly with the guards, which every super walmart has, they will drive by often.

azpete is offline   Reply With Quote