Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #1

Crude oil prices

Good news, crude oil barrel less than $100, first time since early March. Could lower gas prices be around the corner?
LanaGhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
they were here at murphy
last night 387 regular
this afternoon 377.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

Look out, its a trick by the oil cartel. Bush wasn't notified, and neither was Obama. You must learn that false hopes brings higher prices. Sure wish it were true.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
FWIW - oil tades 24 hours a day since evey market in every country where there is one has a commidity exchange. Currently a minute ago it's up to $100.29 up .47cents. See www.money.cnn.com - but most of our oil imported is North Sea Brent called ICE, and it's about 10 dollars higher than the one quoted above which reflects the WIT or west Texas Itermediate type. Do a search on oil, pricing, and all that and you will read more then you want to know. I don't think the price is going to stay down, so this is just a burp. Oil companies tend to make more money buying and selling oil futures than they do drilling, shipping and refining oil.

Oil is a mess, you want prices to go down, don't buy anything from anyone, anyplace, any company, which has the words "made in china" or "made in India". Our country needs jobs, and the only way that is going to happen is if it's made here. Now we (USA) has certain allies which also need to put their people back to work, Japan, UK, Norway, Sweeden to name a few, so if you cannot find it made here, see if it's made in one of those. Boycott China and Indai, oil prices will then come down, because their industrial use has dropped off. And there is a greed component, which we have no control over.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wall street investors are running scared right now. All commodities are down, real estate is down, they are all looking for a safe place to invest. Panic seems to be steering the ship, hope they know where they're going.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hows that hope and change thing working out for you???
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #7

On the other hand, there is the school of thought on unions here in the USA.

I personally do not buy anything union made, if I can help it.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
FWIW
Oil is a mess, you want prices to go down, don't buy anything from anyone, anyplace, any company, which has the words "made in china" or "made in India". Our country needs jobs, and the only way that is going to happen is if it's made here. Now we (USA) has certain allies which also need to put their people back to work, Japan, UK, Norway, Sweeden to name a few, so if you cannot find it made here, see if it's made in one of those. Boycott China and Indai, oil prices will then come down, because their industrial use has dropped off. And there is a greed component, which we have no control over.
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post

causes thisEd
May I ask what you do for a living which causes such a virulent dislike of them, I think a serious study of unions will prove without them we would be without a Middle class.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post

Ed

To Mr. Ed Sommers, If in the future you have the occasion to call 911 please specify that you would prefer non-union police or fire depts. to respond. jodann
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Read an article today that said we will be lucky if prices stay low at around $100 barrel, and will equate to around 15 -20 cents a gallon less at the pumps.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
First - I was in union for a long time, then saw what they are doing to the political process, and go out. Now I am anti-union. Especially public employees, as I was one of those too (non unionized though), and unions seem to keep the worthless workers employed. Unions did not build the middle class, dedicated hard work, enterprising people who started their own business created the middle class, unions did not. Unions cause prices to stay up, because of the high wages paid to people who need help keeping a job. A union shop however will not keep me from purchasing an item provided it's made in America.

Now, crude prices will hover around 95-105 barrel, because of many factors, not just supply and demand. It's a political process, in part by the government blaming oil companies for high prices, when in actual fact, its lots of different things, most notably world demand. As I mentioned above, you want prices to drop, don't buy made in China or India, and this will cause the demand to drop for their goods, and those jobs might come home. Demand every retailer to only sell made in America goods, and if you make a point of telling them, eventually it will come home. We usually only by food in Costco because all the other stuff is all made in china, and we don't as a rule go into a wal-mart, again all made in china.

Now my other guess is there is a lot of gray hair on this forum, young people don't see the issue the way we do, they see the newest doodad and have to have it regardless where it's made, me I see it the other way. More Americans working, more taxes for the local, state and federal government pay down the deficit, and less unbalance in our trade numbers.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
To Mr. Ed Sommers, If in the future you have the occasion to call 911 please specify that you would prefer non-union police or fire depts. to respond. jodann
Oh !! I forgot to mention that 343 union firefighters - they were members of my union - Uniformed Firefighters Association, Local 94, City of New York - perished on 9/11/01, just doing their jobs, nothing more, nothing less. Never 4get. jodann
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
I agree with offshore.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
As I mentioned above, you want prices to drop, don't buy made in China or India, and this will cause the demand to drop for their goods, and those jobs might come home. Demand every retailer to only sell made in America goods, and if you make a point of telling them, eventually it will come home. We usually only by food in Costco because all the other stuff is all made in china, and we don't as a rule go into a wal-mart, again all made in china. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Just curious where are you shopping to buy American?
Other than some kinds of food, I can't even find an American flag that's made in the good ol USA