Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Update- I had the knee replacement yesterday. All went well. Stayed in the hospital last night. They had me up walking at 5AM ! Not much pain so far. I'm walking on it every 2 hours!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!
Glad to hear your doing well Joe, my neighbor has had both of his replaced. He get's around great now, I see him on his tractor about every day.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2019, 07:31 AM   #72

Country Coach Owners Club
congrats

Glad all went good. Now get that recovery rolling yaw for medicine today. Keeps us moving
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #73

How did the paint repair come out using the 2K clearcoat? I'm considering using it for the end cap clear coat problem above windshield.
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:32 AM   #74

Have not painted it yet has been to windy to paint outdoors here in Florida.
Today looks promising Will keep you up to date on my progress and end results
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechevy View Post
Have not painted it yet has been to windy to paint outdoors here in Florida.
Today looks promising Will keep you up to date on my progress and end results
I have not started sanding or preping at all. Not real sure of trying this. What part of Florida you in. I'm in Lake Placid , FL
Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 AM   #76

sanded prepped and primed waiting for better weather to paint. to windy, to warm, reducer I have for base coat is medium flash temp concerned about flash time and humidity no hurry will be in Fl until May. we are located in Okeechobee FL.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #77

Painted yesterday AM temp about 75. little breeze.
2K clear went on well , good spray pattern good coverage, nice finish
Will still sand and buff later to help with blending into existing finish. very visible on front of coach.
Put the base coat on with Husky detail spray gun finished with the 2K clear in a rattle can.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechevy View Post
Painted yesterday AM temp about 75. little breeze.
2K clear went on well , good spray pattern good coverage, nice finish
Will still sand and buff later to help with blending into existing finish. very visible on front of coach.
Put the base coat on with Husky detail spray gun finished with the 2K clear in a rattle can.
So you put a base coat of color then clear coat? Are you doing s second coat of clear after buffingit out? I guess that should help even it out a bit. When finished post a picture. Thanks
Old 02-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #79

Pics would be nice. Let us know too how it holds up
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Cure for peeling clear-coat... Maybe!

Just ran across this thread sorry I missed your surgery Joe but it sounds like it’s going well and your getting a lot of support!
I don’t want to hi-jack the the thread but I’m going to be dealing with the clear coat thing myself. Here is my front cap. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	235828 I’m thinking about just rolling on some type of paint like maybe truck bed liner paint but unfortunately it does just roll down the front just a little. The rear I did a yr ago or so it wasn’t nearly as bad and I used aerosol paint that was close and some clear and called it good. I did the whole top along the back where the marker lights are.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	235832Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0281.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	556.3 KB
ID:	235843
Old 02-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #81

what I did was sanded and feathered the peeling clear coat. primed the sanded area, scuffed the area with a scuff pad. cleaned with wax remover and degreaser applied the base coat color to the primed area and 6" beyond the primed area ( where I could) 3 coats base coat feathered out a little with each coat Waited for base coat to flash 5 to 10 min between each coat and 30 min after last coat applied 3 coats of 2K clear coat waited for clear to dry at least 10 hours. wet sanded with 1500 only the areas that needed blending in. Buffed with 6" DA and McQuires 2.0 buffing compound

Will try to add pics before and after
Old 02-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I’m thinking about just rolling on some type of paint like maybe truck bed liner paint but unfortunately it does just roll down the front just a little. The rear I did a yr ago or so it wasn’t nearly as bad and I used aerosol paint that was close and some clear and called it good. I did the whole top along the back where the marker lights are.Attachment 235832Attachment 235843
That's good for a rattle can!
With those results, don't do the bed liner thing. Do the same as what you did on the back cap.

Key tools to make this go much easier: an orbital DA sander and a decent sized compressor...even if you have to rent a compressor for a day. The majority of the work is sanding the old finish to prep. The DA makes it go easy.

And...rent or buy a decent $150 spray gun and use real auto paint with the rented compressor (and regulator). Then you will bring it all back to original.

You'll pay for all the tools just doing the job you show pics of compared to paying a body shop for their efforts.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #83

Maybe some pics
Old 02-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Cure for peeling clear-coat... Maybe!

So I assume you did what a body shop would do on your repair? I’m looking to cut down that process if possible, not really looking for a professional finish but a decent finish for a roof.