Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Curious about how you read IRV2

When I first started reading this Forum I had a 5th wheel and a live aboard boat. So when I logged in I would always read the area that covered 5th wheels. Since that time I sold the boat and 5th wheel and have owned 2 class A diesel pushers. My reading habit changed so I rarely look at the 5'er posts. I am retired so have gotten into habits that rarely vary, from checking about 6 spots each morning on IRV2. That would be :general Discussions, Just Conversations MH, Locations and info, crossroads about traveling, Winnebago, Toads and towing. I will also check others if a title line draws my attention.
The other day I took a bit of extra time and went exploring. Checked out the classified section and Blogs. I noticed several blogs that had one blog and no responses, with a few that actually had several and with added comments.
I realized that if a person were to read IRV2 from cover to cover, so to speak, that you could spend the entire day here.
A guy has to allow time to check out craigs list as well
How do the rest of y'all enjoy ths site? Do you check every post?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Larry, if you ask my DW she thinks all I do is stay on iRV2, but alas, I really don't.

I am on here 2 times a day, typically. These past two days I have some remodeling going on at the house so it has been hit and miss. This morning I logged in and as usual I clicked on "New Posts. That brings up all the posts that I have not yet read, or basically are new. When I'm finished for the session I click on "Quick Links," and then "Mark Forums Read." That sets me up for the next "New Posts" when I log in.

Yes, the number of posts can quickly get out of control and it would be impossible for me to read all, so what I do is scan the subject title. There are many that just do not interest me based on the title. When a title does catch my eye I scan over to the "Forum" column to see where it is posted. I'm interested in all the General forums, some specific forums, and of course the Winnebago forum, my mode of transportation. If the subject title and forum agree with me I will use a preview pane that I have installed on Firefox to pop it open and see if I am further interested, if so I read it and move on to the next.

It is so unfortunate that there are so many people that post generic equipment information or requests for help in owner specific forums. An example would be someone posting a request for help on a Norcold, or Dometic refrigerator (except for owner specific wiring) in an owner thread, like Monaco, 5th wheel, Newmar, Winnebago, etc., when just about every RV has one of those models. Exceptions are those that have household models installed, but even then those same models may be in many different brands of RV. I skip over those threads, not knowing that it may pertain to information I have, or not. It is the poster's loss, or gain, on information missed but they will never know. I'm sure that there are many more that skip threads for that reason.

So, "New Posts," "Thread/Thread Starter," "Forum," and when finished with all, "Quick links," "Mark Forums Read."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dre View Post
How do the rest of y'all enjoy ths site? Do you check every post?
I always click on the "New Posts" so that I can see all the posts made since my last visit regardless of which area they're in. I don't "read" all the posts, just those that interest me.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Since i'm home now I look at this site daily. Reading the above postings I'm wondering where to find "New Posts".
I don't look at all the threads just the one that interest me.
Thanks
Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I open Quick Links and select Today's Posts
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
Since i'm home now I look at this site daily. Reading the above postings I'm wondering where to find "New Posts".
I don't look at all the threads just the one that interest me.
Thanks
Hal

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4012739318.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	33153

Hope this helps.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto. New posts first, scan subject matter, if a subject interests me cursor goes over title for a quick read of content. After scanning and or reading all posts then on to Craigslist.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Too many new posts to look at. As I have time to get on the site, which is about one time a day for an hour or so, I look at recent discussions only. Sometime, if there is nothing of interest to me, I am off in 5 minutes.

That being said, if I have a problem or looking for solutions it's a different story. Like the one using mineral oil in batteries, changing out TV's, residential refrigerators, are all things I'm working on. Actually, I have finished replacing both TVs by moving the front to the mid ship location & replacing the bedroom tv. Lots of trim work.

Dave
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Daily(ish):
1. User CP to check for updates to my subscribed threads.
2. New Posts to see what's hot.
3. Unanswered posts to see if there's anything interesting.

Less often:
"Search" for any posts featuring the name of my Make/Model.
And, I always use "Search" before posting a new Thead.

BTW; I lurked here for months - finally joined in March and this in my 999th post.
Thanks for running a great Forum!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
I look off to the right at the recent stuff and see if anything catches my eye, then go to general and then just conversation, then vintage then if I have time I look at rving with pets or another way down there thread that doesn't see a lot of traffic and catch up. sometimes I go look in the c type forum too.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #11

aha! some good tips in here, thanks!
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
I always click on the "New Posts" so that I can see all the posts made since my last visit regardless of which area they're in. I don't "read" all the posts, just those that interest me.
ditto
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post

me too
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #14

Use tablet and phone app 99% of the time. Look @ new posts and ones I have subscribed to. Don't read all.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote