Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Darn smog

Well I had to have my 83 Pace Arrow smog again and being it passed with flying colors last year I wasn't too concern to be called today telling me I now have major problems stateing with needed a new smog pump and I have a leak that creating high hydrocarbons, over 900 when it should be about 500 etc etc, this motorhome seem to be as good as a boat, nothing but a money pit, I hope this will be not break the bank, being we still have not gotten any used out of her yet, being she broke down our maiden voyage.

I was told it was what may have been causing my belt problems, I guess we will wait and see, if it solve my belt braking and throwing ,then it will be worth it , but right now I can only take a wait and see approach.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Here in Texas only selected counties have smog emissions testing. My county does have testing but Texas exempts emissions testing after 25 years. And of course most of my stuff is older than that. Put Weber carb on my old 1985 Nissan pickup today because the OEM died again. Running good and probably cleaner emissions anyway. Sure hope it works out for you.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Since I also live in Beaumont I'm curious where you had the test done...I'm very suspicious of a particular shop in town.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkat View Post
Since I also live in Beaumont I'm curious where you had the test done...I'm very suspicious of a particular shop in town.
Well since Montie closed year agao I have been using Buds Automotives, and so far it seems as if they have been fair with me, what has your experience been? The are using the very same smog guy however.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
Well since Montie closed year agao I have been using Buds Automotives, and so far it seems as if they have been fair with me, what has your experience been? The are using the very same smog guy however.
I've never had an issue smogging a vehicle EXCEPT at Bud's. Twice I've had big bills going there and just don't like the general looks of the shop. Sloppy and dirty. I'm going to Dick's down the street these days and I'm pleased with their work and service.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkat View Post
I've never had an issue smogging a vehicle EXCEPT at Bud's. Twice I've had big bills going there and just don't like the general looks of the shop. Sloppy and dirty. I'm going to Dick's down the street these days and I'm pleased with their work and service.
Thanks for the recommendation, I have never gone there before so I checked out some reviews and the are really mixed some really bad, which was real recent, and some good. Much the same bud has gotten. so I guess I will wait to see the final cost to do the work and maybe I will take it to Dicks for an 2nd opinion, the problem with Dicks they are only open week days and I only have Saturday to drop off/pick up the motor-home, so that could create a problem in itself.

It is so hard to find a mechanic that you can trust, had a great one, but he closed up shop, now I must rely on the feeling that so far they have failed to "screw" me.