Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Daytona 500

We are thinking about making a trip from Oklahoma to the Daytona 500, in Feb. this will be our first trip to Fl. In a MH. It may be too late to plan for the trip. From everything I have read, one needs to make reservations almost a year in advance. Any information from those that have made this trip, and stay in CG close to the race track would be helpful. Or maybe some of you guys that are staying the winter in Daytona area could help.

mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Daytona 500

There are campgrounds in the speedway infield as well as on speedway property on the outside perimeter of the complex. Google Daytona speedway camping to see what is there and give them a call regarding availability. We have camped both in the infield as well as outside the track and always enjoyed our stay. There are some nearby offsite campgrounds but being at the speedway for the entire Speedweek event is an experience every RV & NASCAR enthusiast should have at least once in a lifetime. It also makes getting back to the RV after the race much less obnoxious than the alternatives.

Dave & Lynne - Retired & livin' the dream. '04 Bounder W32 on Workhorse W20 chassis powered by GM 8.1L gasser.
RoamingGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
If you belong to the BPOE check the DeLand lodge. We stayed there during Bike Week. Campgrounds were full, Elks had several open spaces and around $15 a night.
2006 Gulfstream Friendship G7, Cat C7 and Allison 6 spd
Honda VTX and Crusier Lift on the back
Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy, 2014 Chevy Equinox toad
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Common or not?

Last time I went to the races near my S&B'S, My 66 Impala SS was broken into and the gauges were stolen
Is that type behavior still going on?
I don't want too start WWIII.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
Try the KOA down the street....very nice cg...dont waste money staying at track...cost will be 1500 plus....
rjcopters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks, that's what I want to hear.
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Out of curiosity I checked camping prices for The Daytona 500.There is many sites available for just over $500 dollars for the week.Daytona International Speedway - Daytona International Speedway

These sites are basically someplace to park RV for the week just outside the track itself ..while it might be a long one most are within walking distance of track.

I have never been to Daytona, but have made several trips to Kentucky , Bristol and Darlington speedways in the past and have always enjoyed camping .This type of camping is simply boon docking with a crowd.

If you've never done this ,,Give it a try.Everyone needs to do it at least once.
Also I noticed some camping packages for around $800.Not sure what this entails but the packages are usually camping and race tickets in a combined package.
96bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
If you can get a site inside the track do so. We used to have season tickets at Kansas infield and after being in the infield I would never watch a race any other way. Being in the infield is a experience you need live. It's a virtual city with lots of great people watching and fun times.

Not to mention you can have all your own food and drinks in your motorhome and have the best seat in the house sitting on top of your rig to watch the race.
And the best part is no waiting in line to use the bathroom
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sunshine Encore RV CG. Ormond Beach, Fl. On US 1 and I 95. I stay there a lot our daughter lives in Ormond. Ten minute drive straight down 95. Call now!!!

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote