Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjineer View Post
Thanks for the responses. We have not signed any papers and I have contacted an attorney. The dealer was supposed to call us back in "ten minutes" three hours ago. This just came out of the blue and the guy was just so matter of fact about it I was astonished.
Phew! Thank YOU!!!

It's analogous to here, I'll sell you my home but before you can inspect it for any damages and/or problems, you must start paying me for it!!! Wow!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That dealer has to be nuts, or he thinks you are!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Old 02-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
I know you have been asked who the dealer is.. and I understand if you don't want to divulge that information... but would you please at least let us know the make/model of the RV you have on order..

I would think a phone call to the manufacturer would be a prudent move... I'm thinking they would advise against paying for something you have yet to receive too..
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping this guy is a flunky who got mixed up, so don't want to trash the dealer yet.

The coach is a 2015 Newmar Dutchstar. I didn't post in the Owner's forums because I wanted more general RV norms response.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #18

Look through all your paperwork that you signed during the order process, see if there is anything regards to what he is asking. Who is the loan with..I'd call the loan company tell them you have not received the coach yet and until you receive it and do a walk through your not completing the loan sooner.

As for the deposit, if the paper work does not say anything about completing the loan until the coach is delivered.... and it is a refundable deposit it should not be an issue...

Finally are you talking to the owner? or a Sales guy? Have you got word the Coach is in production? If so, my next call would perhaps be to Newmar customer relations to inquire about the status of the dealer.

Hope it alll works out for you... but under no circumstance if you did not agree to "Prepay" for the coach it's a non issue.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The knee-jerk reaction is to yell no, and undo the deal. However, you have time, money, and emotion already invested. Just tell them no, you'll do the loan paperwork on delivery. Then see what they do/say. Good chance that will be the end of it. A call to discuss with Newmar the dealers status and if there is any problem anticipated, would be a good idea.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
The knee-jerk reaction is to yell no, and undo the deal. However, you have time, money, and emotion already invested. Just tell them no, you'll do the loan paperwork on delivery. Then see what they do/say. Good chance that will be the end of it. A call to discuss with Newmar the dealers status and if there is any problem anticipated, would be a good idea.
Good advice.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't see a problem if it's what you want the sooner you make the first payment the less it cost for the loan...
Old 02-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know when I worked at a dealership, Ford would draft on the car on the build date. We always started paying I the interest before the car got to the dealership.
We would NEVER request payment up front. Tell them no, and if you do still get to buy it, don't plan on having any service work done there.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Look through all your paperwork that you signed during the order process, see if there is anything regards to what he is asking. Who is the loan with..I'd call the loan company tell them you have not received the coach yet and until you receive it and do a walk through your not completing the loan sooner.

As for the deposit, if the paper work does not say anything about completing the loan until the coach is delivered.... and it is a refundable deposit it should not be an issue...

Finally are you talking to the owner? or a Sales guy? Have you got word the Coach is in production? If so, my next call would perhaps be to Newmar customer relations to inquire about the status of the dealer.

Hope it alll works out for you... but under no circumstance if you did not agree to "Prepay" for the coach it's a non issue.

Keep us posted.
There is nothing in anything we signed that said anything about prepay. We will not be signing anything until the PDI at the factory is completed to our satisfaction. We have not been dealing with the owner, salesman and finance guy and now some new paperwork guy.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #24

Once there is a recorded purchase order and VIN the unit is a commodity that can be financed.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
Old 02-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #25

After I quit laughing in the phone, I would tell him no.

Are you doing the financing through them or your own source? What bank would do a loan, that is hand over the money, on an RV that is not even built yet?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #26

Already been suggested but will again.

Call the manufacturer first thing in the morning and have names dates etc handy.

This sounds way off as others have indicated and to me it looks like dealer is trying to get funds fast as maybe they are skinny now.

This funny dealer can reflect bacd to builder so you pass on to builder how frustrated and confused you are and expect someone in authority to contact the dealer and figure out EXACTLY what is going on.

If you have an attorney already then ask them to give him the results in addition to calling you back.

Do let them know you about 10 seconds from walking on the deal too.

Do as about prefered servicing dealers in your area as I do not think I would let this one wash the tires on mine...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
The best thing you did was to contact an attorney. It sounds like you may need him more than you think, but just the fact that an attorney is involved will make the dealer think twice about any monkey business. If you get ANY further flack about it from the dealer or anything else that seems odd, I would tell the dealer that all paperwork and payments will go through your attorney, and that they should deal with him to get paid.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
By the way, I bought a brand new custom-ordered Entegra Anthem from Lazydays with a $2500 deposit. I never paid them another dime until I was ready to drive off their lot, AFTER delivery, AFTER PDI, and AFTER initial repairs were made.

That is how a reputable dealer operates.

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer