Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #29
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
From what you're saying, it sounds like you bought it in California, where there are only two dealers, Tom Lindstrom and Holland. I doubt Lindstrom would pull that, so it must be Holland near Palm Springs.

Starting the loan early brings up two huge issues, insurance and a catastrophe like a fire or damage at the factory.....then what would you do. I could see the loan docs being completed a week or few days before, because you won't be going to the dealer to do the signing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjineer View Post
We already put down a deposit 2.5 months ago. Coach will be ready April 13, he wants loan to start tomorrow with first payment in March. Says this is the way "all" RV dealers work. Of course there was no mention of this previously.

I would respond by saying NO! It's not your property until you've paid them. That happens when you sign the loan papers. After that, you have very little leverage for getting things done your way. The dealer doesn't care how happy you are, they already have the money. Perhaps the most important reason for the request is from the salesman, who does not receive the commission until the dealership gets their money.

Food for thought; I've read several posts in years past where the dealership filed bankruptcy after something like this. The buyer never receives the RV, yet is stuck with paying the loan. One guy got stuck paying off both loans on the new MH and the trade-in MH. I don't remember reading the outcome of that one.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 02-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #31

I think you should contact the Newmar manufacturer directly and let them know what this dealer is asking of you. This is not a normal way of doing a transaction.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Get your deposit back, if he is that hard up for money and you have a trade he may not pay it off and leave you holding two loans. Sounds like the making of fraud to me.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #33

Jare you a CA resident doing a out of state delivery? That usually requires them to send someone to where you'll be getting the coach and would be where you sign any load docs.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
In addition to all the other valid comments, you could never get a loan because 1) there is no MSO/MCO and 2) you can't get insurance on an uncompleted vehicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if this dealer now cancels your order with the factory. And I wouldn't be surprised to soon read that this dealer has gone under.

Who is this crooked dealer anyway? Other forum readers deserve to learn from your experience.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Jare you a CA resident doing a out of state delivery? That usually requires them to send someone to where you'll be getting the coach and would be where you sign any load docs.
We are Florida residents doing a delivery at the factory in Indiana. We are not trying to avoid taxes. Just want to pay them to our home state, which we were assured would not be a problem :( Not so sure about the assurance now.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
In addition to all the other valid comments, you could never get a loan because 1) there is no MSO/MCO and 2) you can't get insurance on an uncompleted vehicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if this dealer now cancels your order with the factory. And I wouldn't be surprised to soon read that this dealer has gone under.

Who is this crooked dealer anyway? Other forum readers deserve to learn from your experience.
What is MSO?MCO?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:24 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MSO/MCO is the Manufacturer's Statement/Certificate of Origin. Most, if not all, DMV's require one to issue a title. Car dealers get them from the factory after the vehicle is produced and shipped.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Ignoring the unprecedented nature of the dealer's request completed - I have to question how such a transaction would even work. RV Dealership financing is typically thru a financial institution who is making a collateralized loan with the RV itself as collateral. What financial institution would fund a loan for which the specified collateral does not yet exist? At what point is the vehicle VIN number assigned? Pre-build? ... during the build? ... once the build is complete?

More than just jerking around a customer ... I would think that a dealer trying to push such a loan through would at minimum be dancing pretty close to the edge in terms of it even being legal. Trying to defraud a bank can have some pretty stiff penalties.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoose105 View Post
MSO/MCO is the Manufacturer's Statement/Certificate of Origin. Most, if not all, DMV's require one to issue a title. Car dealers get them from the factory after the vehicle is produced and shipped.
Thanks. This forum is awesome. I feel like a dope, never had anything like this occur before and am totally gob-smacked.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you obtaining financing thru the dealer or your own source? Since you're taking delivery at the Newmar factory, would the actual date of delivery be the first day you step foot on the new coach or several days later when you finally sign off on the PDI? It sounds like you will be using FedEx Overnight Delivery to send documents back and forth to initiate the loan. Tell the dealer that's the way it will have to be, whether he likes it or not. The factory will be able to tell you just how these deliveries and loan arrangements are normally done. Newmar Customer Service is second to none so I can't imagine they would not know.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:08 AM   #41

At this point, I would suggest that all contact with the dealer be done via e-mail rather than phone.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 02-27-2015, 01:28 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I wonder if the dealer has a client that wants your vehicle and as they say in Poker, Putting a squeeze play on you. The play in this case is to some how cause you to forfeit your deposit and then sell the coach to the other party?

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer