Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dealership experience??? Mine was great!

I wanted to start this thread because of a great experience I've had with our local dealership here in Arkansas.
Moix RV in Conway AR is where I have recently purchased a 2005 Winnebago Vectra.
Knowing used equipment the way I do I expected to find some issues that needed addressing so I set out with that purpose in mind even before I bought the unit and brought everything I found to the attention of the dealership.
Then I bought the unit and even before they could get things complete I needed to take it on a trip so I told them I would return it to them after I returned.
While on the trip I discovered several items that weren't working right, either broke or in need of repair. So I began to make a list....the list grew. However I was determined to get everything in working order....as good as new.
When I returned it to the dealer they took the list that I had made and went to work on it. I didn't know their policy and was quite nervous on what the bill would be. I knew that their labor rates were around the $120 mark and the parts on these homes are not cheap.
I wound up taking it back to them 3 different times because I kept finding things that weren't right and the more I took it back the more nervous I got...lol
Well to end this I finally got it back completed yesterday with a total bill of about $3000.00 including parts and labor. The good news??? They covered it all! I was very pleasantly surprised and am happy to know that my coach is in great working order now.
Moix RV of Conway Arkansas rocks!
Mr.Cleane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #2

It is good to hear a nice story such as this. Too often new visitors use this forum to vent their frustrations with a dealership or vendor and then disappear.

Good luck with your new rig and Happy RVing!

TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, great to hear. Hope everything is to your satisfaction for years to come.

You should do a write up for them on rvservicereviews.com you can also forward a link to the dealer for that website and your write up. I did that in the past and was amazed at how thankful the dealer was when then say the good things I said about them on the internet.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
Wow, great to hear. Hope everything is to your satisfaction for years to come.

You should do a write up for them on rvservicereviews.com you can also forward a link to the dealer for that website and your write up. I did that in the past and was amazed at how thankful the dealer was when then say the good things I said about them on the internet.
Thanks for the heads up on rvservicereviews.com....i did just that. They deserve it.
Mr.Cleane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear everything went well and you found a local dealer who stands behind their word.

We too had a good dealer experience when we bought our new DP. With so many negative stories flying around it's nice to see that there are still good ones out there.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm glad you had the experience you did and thanks for sharing. I'm sure people that read this and are in your dealership area will keep them in mind if they want to purchase an rv. We had a great experience with our dealer here in MI as well. Have a great rv-ing season.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote