Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #1

iRV2 No Limits Club
Decision Time

Greetings,
I have been an active member of another RV forum, the one with the halo around the icon of the brand, for 12 years now. Recently I ran into, what I consider to be arbitrary, heavy handed, and confusing moderation there. If the post agrees with the personal views of the moderator, it stands. If not it is quickly removed.

As a result, the “discussion” that makes the forum, by definition, a forum, is declining rapidly.

I just wonder are there many folks here that have experienced the same and no longer support that site?

Please do not mis-interpret this post. I am not trying to bash them, but rather have a basic disagreement with the management of the site, and that is O.K. I am looking for input in order to make a decision.

While we are on the subject: This is a great site and very well moderated. Thanks for a good job.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Greetings,
I have been an active member of another RV forum, the one with the halo around the icon of the brand, for 12 years now. Recently I ran into, what I consider to be arbitrary, heavy handed, and confusing moderation there. If the post agrees with the personal views of the moderator, it stands. If not it is quickly removed.

As a result, the “discussion” that makes the forum, by definition, a forum, is declining rapidly.

I just wonder are there many folks here that have experienced the same and no longer support that site?

Please do not mis-interpret this post. I am not trying to bash them, but rather have a basic disagreement with the management of the site, and that is O.K. I am looking for input in order to make a decision.

While we are on the subject: This is a great site and very well moderated. Thanks for a good job.
Like you, we find this site to be very informative and well run. I check in here several times a day and maybe hit the other site about once every week or so. Lots of good info here and good folks taking their time to share their knowledge.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Greetings,

This is really the only RV forum I participate in and I like the way it is run. I have however experienced the same behavior on a motorcycle forum and will no longer even look at it because of the heavy handed management who even go as far as to ban members for even mentioning another forum name or disagreeing with the mods. I just do not contribute or give those other forums my click counts because there is the same amount of information to be had on the good friendly forums.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I too started out on that "other site" and have the same impression as you! But it's not just the Moderators, lots of members on there must get a lot of pleasure in cutting you down if you ask what they consider a dumb question, or say something they don't agree with!

I love IRV2 and found it's like a breath of fresh air compared to the other one!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:54 PM   #5

Happy here...mostly helpful folks with good senses of humor and lots of knowledge...
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just want to say thank you!
We're about 6 months away from writing the big check (to us anyway). Pretty much decided we want a DP around 35ft. We've owned a great gas Bounder previously but just didn't use it enough.
It's just the two of us and 2 Bassets.We've decided on just hitting the road and seeing where it takes us. Up 95 to 10, turn left and go from there.
I'm lurking and learning so much on this site, all the forums are so full of decent honest people who so patiently advise and try to help any who ask. Kind of refreshing to know there's still so many decent people out there.
As our departure gets closer I'll no doubt be asking for advice, but in the meantime continue to soak up the priceless information on so many subjects,some of which I'd never even thought of.
Thank you all, and a special thanks to those who serve(d)

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:07 AM   #7

Yep, by far this is the best forum. Don't see much petty bickering, but good info, with some humor thrown in. Think I'll hang around for awhile.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote