Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Dedication to all those campers...

I am always amazed at how nice our camper/neighbors are. We just moved to a better site in the same RV park. Both new neighbors came out to help us. After that we were invited over to a campfire tonight and had a wonderful time with new friends. Most of you probably already know or have had these experiences. But I thought it would be nice to dedicate a thread to experiences with wonderful camper - neighbors. Please share those experiences you've had.

George and Brenda
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan with CAT7
2013 Honda Fit
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
About 25 years ago my DW and I were camping on the northern Ca coast. We met a younger couple that were travelling in a russian built copy of the BMW that the germans used in WW2. It started to rain very hard and all the couple had was a small pup tent. We invited them in our small 5r and made coffee and hot chocolat and had a splendid time talking about there travels on the motorbike with side car.

Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
A few years ago I gave blood at a church in Milton, Wi. I got light-headed, and the nice lady put ice on the back of neck so I would not faint .About 2 weeks later we set out on a trip west. We were camped in Wyoming, when a trailer with Wisconsin plates parked next to us. I said "welcome cheeseheads", and the woman turned around, looked at me and said: hey aren't you the guy that almost fainted on me? Small world...What are the odds !!!
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
We're CG hosts, we could write a book a month about our guest's. We get invited to campsites for birthdays, anniversary's and just for anything. We are blessed to have landed this.
We could write the sequel to the movie "RV" every month as well! I like helping the newbs with water heaters, fridge, TV and the list goes on and on!
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has happened once, a gal came over after hearing, ""we just bought it" she asked If I slept well, I said like a lamb, she said then its a keeper. Zero the rest of weekend Has never happened to us, since. They were here for the summer from Texas.
I have to say I've had more people just walk by and say nothing after I greet them with a Hi, hows it going, & nothing
Pretty sad state of affairs. I must say
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
I'm always looking for RV Parks / Camp grounds that have a better ratio of adults verses children, Don't get me wrong i love kids as much as the next guy. But I love parents even better when they can keep track of these kids as well. If we stayed some place and the kids are disrespectful and unruly we more than likely won't come back. We have been staying at this little camp ground up in Michigan and got lucky to be placed next to some full timers that were very nice, and very quiet as well as thoughtful of others. Makes for a nice stay knowing there's not going to be someones rug rats running through your camp site. I must be getting "old" and set in my ways, "LOL"

PS; Campground is called
Cottonwood of Lansing, Mi.
Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Thor Owners Club
DW says no matter where we are I make RV friends....I'll talk to most anybody and what I like is that most folks in CG are friendly and want to talk, even if its only for a minute or two......Then in the next couple of days we move on and make more RV friends at the next CG....
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Has happened once, a gal came over after hearing, ""we just bought it" she asked If I slept well, I said like a lamb, she said then its a keeper. Zero the rest of weekend Has never happened to us, since. They were here for the summer from Texas.
I have to say I've had more people just walk by and say nothing after I greet them with a Hi, hows it going, & nothing
Pretty sad state of affairs. I must say
I hope we're in the same campground with you sometime, We would talk your ear off about how good that Pace looks in your profile. Moving from campground to campground is like moving to a new neighborhood every few days, you're never know what you're going to get. In our experience, at 3 out of 5 parks, you're going to have a nice conversation with someone in the park.
2017 Newell, 2015 Yukon Denali , 2013 Polaris RZR 4/900
FMCA: 383383
nforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #9
iRV2 No Limits Club
A few years ago I had major surgery on my leg. It was to be done in a hospital about 55 miles away from the small RV park we were spending the winter in. The day before we had a knock on the door and there were two ladies standing there. They wanted to know what times we wanted them to walk our dogs for us so that my wife could stay with me until I was out of surgery. Not can we, but we will, and what time?

My surgery and recovery was the talk of the park. Whenever my wife walked the dogs, everyone would ask how I was doing. A few days after surgery, I was still bed bound; my wife answered a knock at the door. The next odor neighbor was there with a quart of homemade chicken soup for me!

Some readers may think: “How intrusive!” and yes, sometimes the neighbors are. Everyone knows everyone’s business. In a world where some people don’t even know the neighbors name, and the only contact between neighbors is an occasional wave, I take “intrusive.”

Being part of a true “community” is unique in my adult life. Very much like the small town of my youth, everyone knows the business of the other. The great thing is that everyone does care about, and for each other.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
Want to meet folks in an RV park? Open the hood of your truck. Works every time.

Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote