Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurner1 View Post
Also the rules are being selectively enforced.
If the rules are being "selectively enforced" as you say, you're not "screwed"- you're home free.

Assuming that you can prove that allegation, no judge will order you to comply with a contract requirement that's being applied to some parties but not to others.

If everybody doesn't have to comply, nobody does. That's basic contract law.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
If the rules are being "selectively enforced" as you say, you're not "screwed"- you're home free.

Assuming that you can prove that allegation, no judge will order you to comply with a contract requirement that's being applied to some parties but not to others.

If everybody doesn't have to comply, nobody does. That's basic contract law.
Especially if what you say is true about all the other neighbors being on your side. Be sure to have them sign a statement and show up for the hearing. Also be sure to let the bully know you will be be counter suing for costs you incur if you win. If allowed in your state. Good Luck

Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #45

If I were being sued the last place I'd be looking for advice is on an Internet forum. That may come back to haunt you in court.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #46

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
If I were being sued the last place I'd be looking for advice is on an Internet forum. That may come back to haunt you in court.
C'mon now, I don't think Francesca is that well known...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
what was the outcome of your rv trailer parked at your house?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:39 PM   #48
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Read the restrictions CAREFULLY. My old boss lived in a community where he occasionally brought home is boat and parked it in the driveway for a week or two. The HOA came after him each time. He read the restrictions carefully and found that he could park the boat on his lawn and no one could say anything. After a couple of weekends with the boat on the lawn...they quit coming after him.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:27 AM   #49

I for one am darn glad that rules are in place to keep RVs/boats/etc from being stored in driveways and yards. I think it really takes a lot away from a neighborhood when allowed.

Many have no concern about what their property looks like. Just one house that behaves that way can be bad enough, let alone a whole neighborhood. Also, these vehicles attract thieves and tweakers looking to steal anything they can carry. No thanks. I'll take my neighborhood's no rv storage any day over living in blight.

Calling someone a bully for wanting the rules enforced to help keep his property's value up is a bit over the top.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #50

In my neighborhood lots of people have extended / parallel driveway pads with Motor Homes parked neatly beside the house. Zero problem and not an eye sore. The Bully neighbor sounds like one of these dorks thats calling the cops all the time and probably got beat up a lot when he was a kid.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #51

HOA's are the work of the devil. I agree, read the text very carefully and you may be able to tell the neighbor get lost. It may take a lawyer and some court time, but you need to know the exact applicability and exact text of the (maybe) requirement. A decent lawyer could argue the trailer requirement is for living during construction only and not applicable to storage, as one example.

If it says not visible from the street and that is valid, it could be as simple as build a fence to cover the view and you would be in compliance.

don't let the neighborhood bully win until you fight with equal response. He is probably a coward too chicken $hit to actually talk to you in person.

38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote