Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #1

Demontrond RV Conroe TX-stay away

Decent sales. Incompetent Service!!!!!!
I purchased a BRAND NEW 2017 Palamino Puma 32 RTKS from Cassidy on July 26, 2016 from the Conroe location. I was scheduled to have my final make ready appointment at 9:30 a.m. on that Friday the 29th. I arrived to view the camper and the first thing I noticed was the handle by the door was almost coming off and flapping like a flag in the wind. I go inside the camper and after Robert the kid finished showing me the fuse box I opened the refrigerator door nothing was cold. He told me he forgot to plug it in that morning. Great. So we go outside the camper and I inquire as to why the front and rear outriggers operated simultaneously of each other and Robert was unsure.
Everything else was ok at the time and I get the camper to my property (that's an hour away from dealership) that I own where I did not intend to move it. I spent a few hours using jacks and cinder blocks to level, I hardwired in the electric, connected to my sewer with PVC, erect a larger copper ground wire to the bumper,fill my fridge that had finally cooled off with groceries and go to take a hot shower about midnight and guess what? The hot water only dribbled out of the bathroom faucet and sink. I called the dealership on Monday and after troubleshooting everything under the sun they decided it was possibly a pinch in the line. Had the service department actually gave a hoot about getting this ready I would not have to be taking another two days off of work, have to purchase a sway bar (I borrowed one to get it to my property) unload everything out of the fridge into a cooler I will now have to fill with ice daily, probably go stay in a hotel for a few days, while this incompetent service department figures out what they should have caught in the first place (after spending days getting this in place). If they are making my camper ready and walk in and out beside a handle that is flopping in the wind then chances are they don't really give a care in the world about what you are getting.
Cassidy my sales person has tried really hard to help and is great but now I have to carry this back up to the dealership. I was given the option to call out a repair man but the service manager said good luck getting reimbursed for that but they would try. If you want to purchase a camper go somewhere else a few minutes down the road to an "actual dealer" and not a Dodge dealership that has a camper stepchild business on the side. Fire your service manager because his team is ate up.

10 year pissed off military veteran.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I don't know, but I'll bet you would have had the same problems if you had gone down the road. Most of these rv dealerships have one thing in common, get your $. I think everyone has at least one story to share about a rv service department!
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
In all the years RVing, we have found only ONE dealer that did what they said and took pride in their work. It is sad to see the RV dealers care so little about their "customers".

We have heard a lot of complaints about Demontrod over the years. Our last RV was bought from Kansas RV Center in Chanute, KS.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
In all the years RVing, we have found only ONE dealer that did what they said and took pride in their work. It is sad to see the RV dealers care so little about their "customers".

We have heard a lot of complaints about Demontrod over the years. Our last RV was bought from Kansas RV Center in Chanute, KS.

Ken
I regret not reading the reviews first. They did call me yesterday and it was not a pich in the line but a pump i guess. It still should have been caught on the make ready. I should have checked myself too.

I did ask them if they would simply assemble a weight distribution bar for me for all the trouble I went through after this. They said no. Oh well reviews speak for themselves.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #5

I just logged in to make this appraisal of Demontrond RV, but North Houston, not Conroe:

NOT EVEN A GOOD BAIT AND SWITCH. I was looking at a new RV, or at least NEW on the Demontrond Houston website. It was a pretty good price off of MSRP (MSRP $47k- priced at $30k). In order to justify my purchase I scoured the local websites to ensure this was the best price around and it was. It was a 2016 to be sold in 2017. I got a write up of the sales contract from Salesman Tony. It clearly states that the trailer is NEW. I was going to purchase the trailer with a cashiers check and just decided to see how long it had been sitting on the lot in the Texas sun, before heading out. I called Forest River and using the VIN (Serial Number) I found out that the trailer had been built in 4/22/16 and sold on 6/13/16 (almost a year ago). It even had CUSTOMER warranty work done, requested by customer not the dealer. Since it was considered used to the factory my purchasing it would have voided any factory warranty. I did have a conversation with Rick, the Travel Trailer Manager, higher than the sales manager, and he tried to give me some line about how they may have had the floor plans mixed up and they brought it back and they could "back out the paperwork". Regardless, the warranties would have been negated. Either way it was used by someone who brought it back, and I am curious what could have been wrong with it that this "reputable" dealer would have taken it back. Oh by the way since they got "caught", when I talked to Rick it had been mysteriously sold, conveniently erasing the issue in "his mind."
Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Bummer!
Old 04-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #7

Not the first, second or third time I've heard bad things about DeMontrond...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Old 04-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Note to self. Before permanently mounting anything be sure to use it a few times to make sure everything works or Murphy will bite you in the ass.
Closed Thread