Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #15

You can afford a brand new coach and paid for something that will depreciate and be only worth half of what you paid for it in 2 years and be happy about it. But you can't afford to have quality work done on your body in the US by a dentist that is helping to support the US economy and the family's of the office staff, which eventually leads to local donations to people in need. Go figure!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Have had experience in Algondes. Not TX I know but our experiences have been good.

Many of the dentists have some US education if not all. Big difference from US to Mexican prices is the threat of law suits and the profit the dentists take home.

In US dentists drive Lexus, Mercedes, Porche while in Mexico our dentists drive a Toyota.

Work we had done in Mexico was reviewed by our dentist back home. Said the work was a good as any he had seen.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #17

Dental work in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
Two comments on things we have heard from a personal friend and my dentist. The friend had a bridge done in Mexico. Don't know by who. It has fallen apart several times. My local dentist says he does a good business fixing work done in Mexico. He says in is not so much the skill of the dentists work that is the problem but the very low quality mostly imported cheap material that is used.

Jim
Bravo, Gordon Dewald!

Some folks just go to Mexico and take a referal from one of the many street hawkers that are highered to lure patients, just like US dentists that run adds for free checkups and x-rays. My dentist does not need street hawkers.

Poor dentistry is why very good research and first hand references from long-time patients is required. Wise folks go way beyond "trust but verify", no matter what service, no matter what country, and always have good results.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #18

Thanks to those who responded with helpful information. To khulfeld, I'm surprised that you chose your first post to express a judgemental opinion that offers nothing positive in regard to my post.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I need dental after the price dentist said in Texas, mexico sounds good. You might get bad work but I have had bad dental in USA.
So thanks for the thread wish more would have posted what Dentist in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico. I can't make it to Yuma.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #20

Dental work in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
I need dental after the price dentist said in Texas, mexico sounds good. You might get bad work but I have had bad dental in USA.
So thanks for the thread wish more would have posted what Dentist in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico. I can't make it to Yuma.

Maybe you can catch someone that knows by starting a new thread called "Need Dentist in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico"

But going to Los Elgodones thru Yuma by flying from Longview would certainly be worth the $ compared to US prices. Folks come from all over the world to Los Elgodones. My work was done in 3 days.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
Sorry you cant make it. I am sure you can find someone near the border who will have had experience and can give a recommendation. Just find a CG close to the border and folks there will have had some experience.

I know people who have travelled from Canada to Al Gondones and saved more than the flight, hotels, food, and car rental when getting their dental work done.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #22

A very mute point but if someone is trying to do some research it is Los Algodones Mexico.
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandh2o View Post
A very mute point but if someone is trying to do some research it is Los Algodones Mexico.
Absolutely correct. My fingers type way too fast and the spell check does not work if I do not use it.

The OP is actually looking for dentists near Progresso in Texas.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our dentist since 05, Dr. Fernando De la Rosa Saenz, DDS very happy with him. a lot of our friends and neighbors use him

Directory to Progreso dentists
Nuevo Progreso
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #25

Just returned from Nuevo Progreso, Mexico where Dr. Eduardo Flores did my dental work. He and his staff were very professional and explained my options very clearly. I wasn't able to get the final work done this time because we didn't want to stay in the RGV and wait for complete healing. I had two broken incisors extracted which were very difficult to remove. $50 each plus $40 for collagen and stitches. Cleaning was $30, 3 impressions, and remaking my partial was $150. I will return to have a new partial after gums and bone have completely healed. That will be $550 for a light weight top of the line partial. All in all, I was pleased with everything. Parking was very convenient on the US side, and the "Apple Clinic" was easy to find just across the street from the entry point. No waiting in line to return to US. I did this sort of as an adventure, because trip expenses probably exceed what I saved, but the work was done in 2 days without waiting, and I was treated as a valued customer.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:59 AM   #26

I am a 52 yr old teacher in Gilroy, CA. I have been going to the same dentist at "Dental Solutions" (Xochipilli Bojorquez) in Los Algodones. She has also treated my 82 year old father. I have had bridges, a root canal,a partial, a crown, and three implants. Dr. Xochipilli is a warm, caring person with a clean clinic. She will fill out your insurance forms and give you your xrays and records if you want them. Her prices are about 1/8 of USA prices (Dental Implant is $1050).

She have taken refresher courses in several prestigious institutions including Harvard Medical School in Boston.

Note that with Dr. Bojorquez that here is a 4% surcharge to use a Visa card. Then your credit card company will charge a 3% foreign transaction fee, even if the bill is in dollars. Best to bring cash or check.

Dental Solutions: (928) 328 1121
Dental Implants and General Dentistry - Los Algodones Mexico

Don't forget your passport. I think you need it to get back into the U.s.

Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #27

The writer of the RV blog in the Seattle P-I is a big fan of a dentist in Los Algodones. Check "seattlepi.com" and skip down to the the reader's blogs section and the blog "Ramblin' Man". His name is Jim Jaillet. There are several years of back issues in the file and a recent one had photos of the dentist's office.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Please note: The round trip from Progreso to Los Algodones, is about 2800 miles.
For a Great dentist in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico see post 24.

rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote