Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #1

Deoxidation, polish and wax advice

1994 Allegro Bus with oxidation.

I recently ordered two bottles of Meguiars #49 Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover and one bottle of Meguiars #45 High Gloss Polish. The items are still in the mail so I cannot read the directions. I have a friend who owns a 6 inch da polisher which I can borrow if I chose.

If I chose to apply by hand, do I use those round, foam wax applicator pads for application (oxidation remover, polish, wax) and wipe off with a microfiber towel?

If I use the da polisher, which pad would be appropriate for each product, oxidation remover, polish, wax?

What product should be used after the polish? Nu Finish, Meguiar's Premium Marine wax, protect-all?

The lower portion is painted aluminum and painted fiberglass. Are all these products appropriate for the painted sections?

Thanks
Fugitive861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here is a good source of info for what you seek Autogeek

They have a forum, some good videos and you can purchase products from them.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #3

Thanks! Great website. Very informative.
Fugitive861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

The Meguiars will do a good job on your rig but it will take a while to get the job done because I just had my wife clean and wax the 5'er with Meguiars #49 Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover and Meguiars #45 High Gloss Polish ,and it took her all day to do the job, she does an excellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine.

She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same speed and quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing, removing the oxidation, and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
You win!!!
Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post
The Meguiars will do a good job on your rig but it will take a while to get the job done because I just had my wife clean and wax the 5'er with Meguiars #49 Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover and Meguiars #45 High Gloss Polish ,and it took her all day to do the job, she does an excellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine.

She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same speed and quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing, removing the oxidation, and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
I'm shocked by your lack of sensitivity, you could have got her ice for her glass. Please be more attentive next time.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive861 View Post
1994 Allegro Bus with oxidation.

I recently ordered two bottles of Meguiars #49 Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover and one bottle of Meguiars #45 High Gloss Polish. The items are still in the mail so I cannot read the directions. I have a friend who owns a 6 inch da polisher which I can borrow if I chose.

If I chose to apply by hand, do I use those round, foam wax applicator pads for application (oxidation remover, polish, wax) and wipe off with a microfiber towel?

If I use the da polisher, which pad would be appropriate for each product, oxidation remover, polish, wax?

What product should be used after the polish? Nu Finish, Meguiar's Premium Marine wax, protect-all?

The lower portion is painted aluminum and painted fiberglass. Are all these products appropriate for the painted sections?

Thanks
Youtube chemical guys v36
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice