Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
diamond shield malfuction

I have Diamond Shield on my 2009 MH. It has began to "bubble" and looks ugly. Call DS and they claim it must be the paint. (after 4 years??) Tiffin says no warranty but come by Red Bay and we will look at it. ( I am only 2000 miles away) Anyone had similar problems??

Bob and Carrilee
Full Time RV ers
Phaeton QSH 40 2009
ponyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
I know brother in law had some issues with bubbles and wrinkles and the local service center used a heat gun ro work them out. I wouldnt think much could be done under warranty after 4 years so a 2000 mile trip would not be on my list. I have seen both 3M and Diamond Shield removed successfully but have seen them both remove paint as well. So look for someone with experience to deal with it.

Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Mine had issues I discovered during my PDI. It looked like it was installed over the top of water spots on the paint. The dealer removed it... repaired the paint damaged during the removal... and then installed a new one.

No issues since.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Hi ponyfan,
DS = it's somebody else's problem. For me, I got rid of the DS, had the front repainted (no DS). Next I had a bra made for the front and am a happy camper ever since.

If I ever purchase another coach and it is possible to get it without DS, that is what I will do.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
There are other threads with my experience in them

About Diamond Shield, 3M, whatever the name.

I would consider any of them if, and only if, the manufacturer would offer:

1. The product is warranted for the life of the coach on which they have been installed.

2. In the event of product failure, the product will be replaced, free of charge, with all related damage to the coach repaired at absolutely no charge.

3. If the manufacturer fails to accept either #1 or #2, then ... no deal!
Jim & Kate
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
1995 Monaco Dynasty 36', 2005 Honda Pilot
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Don't have it on my coach, but I do have 3 m on my Mazda. After 4 years it started to deteriate. 3m replaced it, no questions asked. I did have to pay $140 for removal & prep. I considered this a reasonable cost and I got a new 5 year warranty. There was no damage to my paint in the removal from plastic or sheet metal parts.

Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote