Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Did i miss something?

Did I miss something while I was sleeping? Did we declare war with Iran or something? Why the heck did crude oil jump 4.50 today? Damn speculators! Can't wait to see my instant increase at the pump today!

Martino78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Don't know about that, but a few stations 20 miles north of us are in a price war and gas was $2.93 a gallon yesterday...$3.39 everywhere else...

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
There was a article I read in my local paper about a week ago that siad gasoline was on track to less than $3 by fall. and yesterday it was $3.07 in South Point Ohio.

1 hour ago it was 3.02 in South Point. I use www.gasbuddy.com to find prices.

Untill the general public figures out to conserve even the slightest bit, we will ALL spend more each week that we would have to.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Right on cue! As I drive by my local gas station the price went up 4 cents from my drive home from work yesterday. Those that say crude oil price has nothing to do with the retail price are full of crap.
Martino78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
In Montgomery, Al. gasoline is $2.91 per gal. I hope it goes even lower. My tank is already full for my trip to the beach, but I'll need another one soon.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Crude's now up over $6 for the day, but more to the point, RBOB gasoline futures are up about 9 cents per gallon. Looks to me like the big driver is the news out of Europe, which also has the Dow up over 200 points.

Of course crude oil and gasoline are linked, I've never heard anyone seriously say they're not. But crude oil prices aren't the ONLY thing that impacts gasoline. For instance, you can have a refinery blow up, and crude won't be significantly impacted, but gasoline and diesel will.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #7

• "Crude oil futures rose on Wednesday as tighter North Sea supplies and strong U.S. economic data put on the back burner concerns that a European summit would do little to solve he region's debt crisis.

Prices briefly extended gains after U.S. government data showed crude and distillate stocks fell last week. But the price rise was limited as investors squared books and took profits ahead of the end of the second quarter.
An oil workers' strike in Norway, the world's eighth largest oil exporter, kept Brent crude supported, pushing the price to near $94 a barrel. The strike has cut output by 240,000 barrels of day of oil, more than previously estimated but the government does not plan to intervene to halt the strike for now.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration said crude oil stockpiles fell 133,000 barrels last week, less than expected, and distillates unexpectedly dropped by 2.28 million barrels.
Crude inventories at the Cushing, Oklahoma, the delivery hub for U.S-traded oil futures, fell by 339,000 barrels while stocks at the Gulf Coast region rose to the highest level since May 2009.
The surge in Gulf Coast stocks in the wake of a drop in Cushing storage indicates that "the flow of oil to the refineries in the Houston area is building up with the reversal of the Seaway pipeline," said Phil Flynn, an analyst at Price Futures Group in Chicago.
Demand for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods rebounded in May by more than expected and a gauge of business spending plans increased, improving the energy demand outlook.
In London, August Brent crude settled 48 cents higher at $93.50 a barrel, having hit a session high of $93.95 after release of the EIA data.
On Tuesday, front-month Brent posted its largest daily percentage gain since March 1 to settle above $93 in the wake of more oil platforms set to be shut in the North Sea.
U.S. August crude settled up 85 cents at $80.21 a barrel, the highest in a week, after climbing to a session high of $80.92.
"U.S. crude drew support from the stronger-than-expected durable goods orders and firmer S&P 500 that called attention away from worries about the apparent lack of agreement among European leaders ahead of the June 28-29 summit," said Tim Evans, energy analyst at Citi Futures Perspective in New York.
The drop in Cushing stockpiles narrowed Brent's premium against U.S. crude < CL-LCO1=R> to $13.29 from $13.66 on Tuesday.
Trading volume perked up late for Brent, rising 21.3 percent against its 30-day average. U.S. volume was off its 30-day average by 23 percent on caution ahead of economic reports in the next two days that include a final reading of the U.S. first quarter GDP, weekly jobless claims and consumer confidence in June.
Brent crude futures' curve flattened on the strike, now on its fourth day, with more output shut in.
However, there have not been cargo loading delays of Oseberg crude, which has been affected by the strike. Traders said some cargoes were getting loaded from storage tanks.
On the eve of the EU summit, German Chancellor Angela Merkel ignored calls from Spain and Italy for emergency action to lower their soaring borrowing costs.
The euro zone debt crisis has festered amid slowing global economic growth, with downbeat data in recent weeks from the United States and China, the world's top two consumers of oil.
"The EU summit should prove pivotal as to how the oil complex finishes this week and quarter," said Jim Ritterbusch, president of Ritterbusch & Associates in Galena, Illinois.
Meanwhile, Turkey appeared to be backing away from immediate military confrontation with Syria, somewhat easing tensions that traders said had supported Brent prices."

Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote