Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
except they are many reports from credible news orginizations and the guy admitted it. other than that yeh made up
It's hard to believe the guy would be that stupid, so yes, it did sound made up. If he admits it, then he gets to face the consequences.

69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
It's hard to believe the guy would be that stupid, so yes, it did sound made up. If he admits it, then he gets to face the consequences.
Sounds a little fishy to me too. If it is true, we are only hearing one side of the story as usual. Could be they got asked to leave for a totally different reason and just making it up to look like the victim, who knows. I guess we don't see that kind of stuff out here so it's just hard to believe and that any Church would feel the way he supposedly spoke about. Maybe that stuff really still happens, but hard to believe.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Maybe that stuff really still happens, but hard to believe.

Hard to believe, really??? I sincerely envy you for not being aware how common this stuff is. What is extremely uncommon is for the manager to freely admit this was the cause.

Please understand I know where you're coming from. I lived in an upscale rural area for many years, and worked among educated professionals so I too thought this kind of blatant racism was rare and almost extinct.

To make a long story short after a divorce and living for a while in a working class urban environment I can assure you that there is no shortage of open racism remaining in our culture. It's shameful and regrettable, but it is also a very really issue that racism isn't limited to the south, trailer parks or the uneducated.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #18

Following
Old 04-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #19

Not surprising then, that the Gov of Mississippi has signed a law that allows discrimination based on religious beliefs.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I want to see the original article myself but I don't think it's gonna happen. Too much garbage on the internet and some folks think it's fact. NOT>
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
I want to see the original article myself but I don't think it's gonna happen. Too much garbage on the internet and some folks think it's fact. NOT>
Post #10 in this thread has two links to reputable news sources for this story. Google search will yield even more links.

BTW: The RV park owner admits in the article that he asked the couple to leave due to their inter-racial relationship (marriage).
TinCanTee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
This must be true. It was on the internet and the internet was quoted in newspapers.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Sounds a little fishy to me too. If it is true, we are only hearing one side of the story as usual. Could be they got asked to leave for a totally different reason and just making it up to look like the victim, who knows. I guess we don't see that kind of stuff out here so it's just hard to believe and that any Church would feel the way he supposedly spoke about. Maybe that stuff really still happens, but hard to believe.
Happens all the time, just most are not bold enough to admit it.

I prefer the more vocal racist, they are easier to spot and avoid. it is the closet or quiet ones who concern me the more.

I long ago thought a lot of the claims like this were bs till i opened my eyes and started watching close. The topper was the day at the store when i was in one line, wife in a different line (because i forgot something and had to run back to get it and just decided to get in my own line instead of weasling back up with her) we were both writing checks for some reason. I was dressed like crap, old shorts, torn t-shirt unkept looking on a sat afternoon............wife was in church clothes.............want to know who got asked to show thier ID? not the ratty looking white guy, Brown wife had to, So did the black lady in front of me in my line who wrote a check but oddly enough the white lady in front of my wife also was not asked to show ID. I was dumfounded and pissed! Wife talked me out of going back in raising hell. It is just part of being not white in america and she is used to it. Still pisses me off today. Oh that day in south ga when i got pulled over and pulled out of the car by the redneck cop and quizzed about my wife and daughter and their citizenship and why i had a mexican and her kid in the car with me. did not help. He shut his trap and sped off as soon as I mentioned to him that I would be glad to show him her DD-214 if he would show me his.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A little too political for an RV sight, dont you think? I come on here to get away from msnbc, cnn and fox.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Sounds a little fishy to me too. If it is true, we are only hearing one side of the story as usual. .......
as usual? is this common where you come from? how can you read the story and say only hearing one side? the guy was interviewed and admitted it. Blamed the neighbors
Old 04-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
as usual? is this common where you come from? how can you read the story and say only hearing one side? the guy was interviewed and admitted it. Blamed the neighbors
First of all you don't really know me or who I'm am married to, or the fact that I didn't grow up with rose colored glasses, and worked in a professional career where I had to deal daily with racially motivated issues, so don't jump to conclusions. There have been a lot of stories put out to comment on over the years on IRV2, where the whole story wasn't told or some of it was made up. Knowing stuff can and is made up on the internet, was more what my comment was directed to. If it's all true and the guy admitted it, that is terribly wrong, but I still have a hard time believing a Church would have the same beliefs. I guess things don't always come across the way you want them to via a post vs actual conversation.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #27

Quote:
First of all you don't really know me or who I'm am married to, or the fact that I didn't grow up with rose colored glasses, and worked in a professional career where I had to deal daily with racially motivated issues, so don't jump to conclusions. There have been a lot of stories put out to comment on over the years on IRV2, where the whole story wasn't told or some of it was made up. Knowing stuff can and is made up on the internet, was more what my comment was directed to. If it's all true and the guy admitted it, that is terribly wrong, but I still have a hard time believing a Church would have the same beliefs. I guess things don't always come across the way you want them to via a post vs actual conversation.
No disrespect intended. I think you read a little more into my post than was there.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
No disrespect intended. I think you read a little more into my post than was there.
No problem, I just wanted to make sure you or anyone else reading any of my posts, don't think that I would condone that type of behavior, or doubt it could ever happen.