Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #15
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I filled up at the Flying J on I-81, near where I-77 crosses it in VA, yesterday for $2.689 (including the 1 cent discount). It's running around $2.799 here in NC.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #16
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Loves is $3.00 and closest low price is $3.09 up to $3.39 We cant wait to head East where it should be cheaper for a bit.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Filled it up yesterday for the trip north....$2.75 here in Virginia Beach.

Best unleaded price around is $2.89
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #18

You are all lucky TRY $8 eight dollars a gallon in the UK. With almost 90% going to the taxman.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pete beale:
You are all lucky TRY $8 eight dollars a gallon in the UK. With almost 90% going to the taxman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH
2.75 here today when i fille dup
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Just got back from a trip to Maryland and fille dup in Maryland for $2.89. The Flying J in North East MD is $2.85. Here in South Central PA, I am still see lowest at $2.93 at the local private station by my house, and average is between $3.05 and $3.15 while regular unleaded is $2.79.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Shell station in the boonies in NW Houston is &2.699 and found a Diamond Shamrock for $2.609 today (Hwy 2920 and Falvel.

Ken
Old 05-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #22

It's hard to blame any one group for high fuel prices. You can say that more refineries and more drilling will lower prices; and that's somewhat true, but only in the short term. Long term we'll be back with high prices spreading blame.
Major increases in consumption from countries like China and India are other reasons why fuel prices are high, and might stay there, this consumption will continue to grow. A bigger problem is that we've never had a consistant energy policy. Why? Because each administration comes in, creates a new energy policy, and we start over. We need a long term energy policy that won't change every 4 to 8 years. Maybe high prices will force this issue or at least more long term direction.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:57 AM   #23

Diesel is going for $3.09/gallon in Kinross, MI. It's crazy!

Has anyone out there seen the car commercial about "going yellow"? Apparently there's a car maker out there manufacturing cars to run specifically on ethanol fuel. Funny stuff! You can hardly find ethanol in the U.S. Canada has had ethanol available for YEARS and I ran it in all sorts of old vehicles and never had a problem.

Ethanol keeps the farmers going, runs cleaner, won't freeze or clog gas lines, AND is cheaper. So why isn't it available everywhere? Same reason that prices are so high! The oil companies have become too greedy, and we are, after all, still buying the product.

GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax
Mooky Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:50 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Mooky Mouse... What you are saying regarding ethanol being cheaper may be true in Canada, but down here in the lower 48 they are saying it will be just as expensive as gasoline, plus you will get less mpg. This just shows us that no matter what advances comes out to offset gasoline, the price will be just as bad if not worse. More big oil induced statements through the beaucracy to make us keep buying their gasoline.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #25

Wow Wa0mqe! I can't believe that ethanol will be just as $$ as gas. That's craziness! I know from personal experience that my vehicles ran better on ethanol. Not only did I get much better mileage, but the car ran much smoother. It's such a shame when a good thing for the environment and the consumer gets torn apart for profit!

GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax
Mooky Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Th eonly way ethenol would as expensive as gas, would be to line the greedy pockets of the oil company execs and the politicians that will allow it to happen. I find it hard to believe that growing corn costs as much as drilling for oil. I don't think refining costs would be any higher. There are renewable energy sources that are cheaper and more enviromental friendly that have been areound for years, but as long as we rely on the same people make billions of dollrs on oil to make these fuels a reality, it will not happen. Would you do something knowing it would cost you millions of dollars. Where is the encentive.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:59 AM   #27
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Diesel was $2.649 at the Walmart in Unicoi, TN yesterday. Gas was $2.449 (after gift card discount).

Maybe, just maybe, these high prices are starting to come down?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
There was an interesting article in "Car and Driver" about etnanol. Seems the fuel mileage is about 25% less. Auto manufactures like GM are building the E85 flex fuel vehicles because large vehicles with poor mileage capable of burning E85 don't count against the corporate mpg average. The calculation on E85 price verses gasoline is: if gas is $2.50, E85 would have to be $1.88 or less to be cost effective because of its reduced energy content.

Diesel here is $3.15. I felt good fillng up. It's been as high as $3.49. If I paid $2.64 like Hitchhiker I'd be ecstatic . Weird isn't it