Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #43

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the input Dr4.

We know we have some decisions to make. Luckily they do not need to be made right away.

I don't think we'll have more than 10,000lbs to pull around full time. I've already decided on probably a 10,000 lb trailer, and figuring only about 6- 6,500 lbs cargo (3200lb Escape, 1000lb ATV, 500lb ATV, 600lb motorcycle, 1000lb junk), plus 26' V-nose trailer weight (approx 3500lbs).

If I have to get a a heavier GVWR trailer, I will, but that's what I'm thinking about right now. Regardless, we have a few years to weigh our options, and re-evaluate. Who knows, in 5-6 years, we might not even have anything but a TOAD to worry about.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
How is the Bronco secured in the trailer? Straps, chains, blocks???

It will be secured with 4 straps, one at each corner on the axle to the floor.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekrsq View Post
We know we have some decisions to make. Luckily they do not need to be made right away.

I don't think we'll have more than 10,000lbs to pull around full time. I've already decided on probably a 10,000 lb trailer, and figuring only about 6- 6,500 lbs cargo (3200lb Escape, 1000lb ATV, 500lb ATV, 600lb motorcycle, 1000lb junk), plus 26' V-nose trailer weight (approx 3500lbs).

If I have to get a a heavier GVWR trailer, I will, but that's what I'm thinking about right now. Regardless, we have a few years to weigh our options, and re-evaluate. Who knows, in 5-6 years, we might not even have anything but a TOAD to worry about.
I think once you start looking at both new and used trailers and their spec's, you will quickly determine what you will need to packaged the combo together. Luckily, I had my DP coach already but was trying to figure how large a trailer I needed to carry all of my junk. I started out looking at 24 foot trailers but quickly determined that I would need a larger trailer. I even looked at some stacker's but the cost of them skyrocketed and were unaffordable. My 26 foot Pace Shadow weigh's in at 4783 lb's without cargo. The only 26 foot trailer that may be close to 3500 lb's empty would be a Featherlite which I looked at when searching for my trailer but could not afford even an used one.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #46

Wow. Here I thought I had a decently baller rig and then I come in here and see what you guys have going on! Good information though, and good reading.....

With a 40' See Ya and a 20' Haulmark, I'm just under 65' total.....

Here she is resting at Barber Motorsports Park:

t
2002 Alfa SeeYa #0325
Sportbike Track Time - Southern Division Director -
http://www.sportbiketracktime.com
twowheeltrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Here is our rig. It is a 2003 40' Monaco Dynasty towing a 2008 26' Haulmark Edge, I know it is not a stacker but when we ordered it we had extra height added so it is just shorter than the coach by about a foot. Other options we added at time or ordering were 7k pound axles, two 500 watt halogen lights on the curb side, ATP flooring, 'L' shaped workbench, floor mounted winch, flush mounted rear gate (full width) with lights mounted in the ramp/gate and the 25k pound coupler. We are just under 72' OAL and have towed it now for four years in April this year. We have towed it approx. 12k miles in those four years.

My wife and I looked at stacker trailers as we were upsizing/upgrading for a 24' standard height plane jane Wells Cargo that we towed behind our previous two coaches. My biggest concern was the weight not the length of a stacker. I know how I am and knowing I had an extra layer to haul toys I would fill it up and then be so heavy that I wouldn't be happy with the way the coach handled the trailer. Our current set up tows great and other than on long steep grades I really don't feel that I need any more power, although you never have enough. I would love to have the 600 HP ISX in our coach but I will be content with the ISL 400.

Running down the interstate it tows like a dream and holds the cruise fantastic at 65-67 MPH. We generally flat tow our Jeep when on road trips but if we are heading to Moab or SW Colorado for a week or so and want to put the tube doors on and top off I will throw the Jeep in the trailer. The trailer mainly serves to haul our sand toys to the dunes and races.

Mike.

Rig parked in front of our house ready to depart.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #48

Mike

Nice rig & trailer !
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Mike

Nice rig & trailer !
Thank you. I really like your coach. Those American coaches are nice.

Post up some pictures of the entire rig with your new trailer.

Mike.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #50

I have not had the chance to couple up the MH & the new trailer yet- but here is the trailer as I was towing it home. Colors are similar but do not match......

Old 02-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I have not had the chance to couple up the MH & the new trailer yet- but here is the trailer as I was towing it home. Colors are similar but do not match......

WOW!!! I am speechless. That is beautiful. Please post up some pictures when you get it all hooked up. I would love to see the interior of the trailer as well.

Don't be stingy with the pictures either. The more the better.

Mike.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I look forward to seeing pictures as well as seeing it on the road somewhere
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
I forgot to ask, what brand trailer is it? I assume you purchased it used being that it already has a custom paint job on it. Did the previous owners take pretty good care of it?

Mike.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #54

It is a Renegade trailer. Its a 2009 that was purchased & painted but never on the road. I got it a really great price and since I am the first OFFICIAL owner - I even got the full warrantee from Renegade....
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
It is a Renegade trailer. Its a 2009 that was purchased & painted but never on the road. I got it a really great price and since I am the first OFFICIAL owner - I even got the full warrantee from Renegade....
Renegade makes a great trailer. I am excited for you and can't wait to see some more pictures.

Mike.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fabman, great looking trailer! Where are the pictures of it hooked up to the coach?

I hooked mine up today and measured out at 67' OAL.

Tags
diesel