Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
We prefer the table and chairs as it is more spacious with four for dinner. Also, we play a lot of cards and the booth is very uncomfortable with four people tuned at awkward angles to protect others from seeing their cards. It just feels more like home, too.
pablo77rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
. Storage under benches is a plus and we always seem to have something stored under the table that has to be moved before we can use the table.
I agree...our booth is very comfy and I'd sure hate to loose all that storage. Those benches have very long drawers that make things I use often very accessible without a lot of digging. It's all in preference I suppose.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
I am removing the dinette in my 5er, I am installing a desk with draweres that go down both sides, it is enough for me as I am solo and still gives me some storage. It will give me lots of extra space and a table top to use for other things. I don't care for the dinette as it is too confining for me, and seems a waste of space.
JMHO....
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #18

Booth, far more comfomtable, two previous had table and chairs.
Storage is nice under. when stopping along the way if you didn't put the slide out , half the chair was on carpet and other half was on ceramic and not level.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We like both, but currently have a booth. In our next rig (did I really say that?), we will look for a dining area on the curb side. I would like to be able to sit at the dining table and see our camping area, not the neighbor's. Our kitchen is on the curb side in our ACE.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have always had a booth dinette and most were comfortable. I now have the table and two chairs (a former owner must have the other two chairs). I do NOT like the table/chairs. There is no storage and no room to comfortably seat 4 people (because of slide). I would think the table & chairs would have more room, but my booth dinette in my last motorhome was much more comfortable.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #21

We've had three booths, and now have a table an two chairs. The table gives our son room to roll his wheelchair up to the end and eat with us. Before, we had to lift him into the booth (170 pounds) and that was not easy. I plan to get two padded folding chairs to use when we have guests and usually for when we play games at the table. Three things the boss wanted when we were looking. Three slides, with two up front, a side bath, and a table and chairs. She did not want the washer/dryer, but we have one and she used it a lot on the last trip. It's limited, but useful.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have had both. I am tall my DW small. The booth was confining and very uncomfortable for four people. The newer booths look like an improvement because of the rounded cushions vs the old dinner slide in style. Our table is extendable allowing four to sit and eat or play cards and lounge. The two foldable chairs are covered with the same material and high quality hardwood. They store very easily under the mattress area with a very "flat" profile thus not taking up space in the wardrobe or sheet and blanket space etc. under our bed. Never, never, had an issue with chairs flying around the coach. Originally we use the tensioned lock mechanism provided but don't now. As for storage there are built in cabinets associated with the table, curbside, also built in computer and printer station. Guess you could say I highly recommend the table and chair arrangement!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #23

This is like asking "us" what color should your coach be. But since you asked. . . . . .

Dinette all the way. They are much more flexible and comfortable. Need extra space in your coach, you can remove the table if needed. Our extra chairs fold up small and store under our bed and since the coach has plenty of storage we don't miss the booth storage. And this might just be me but a booth seems very diner like and I want my home to be a little more elegant than that, the dining table makes it seem more like a real home.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had the booth and took it out. We had a couple of chairs from a previous 5er that we are using. Really opened up the space in the motorhome.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
It looks like the preferences are about about 50/50. I guess that is why after all of these years MH manufactures are still offering both styles.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It looks like the preferences are about about 50/50. I guess that is why after all of these years MH manufactures are still offering both styles.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #27

In case you change your mind with the style you choose, what are your experiences and recommendations for getting a retrofit?

Safe travels-Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #28

Had both. Its a personal thing. Dinette stays in place while traveling, has storage and makes a bed. Freestanding can be pulled out for more room, to accommodate more people, makes a great game table and the chairs can be brought into your home when entertaining company. When only wife and I, we leave 2 chairs home.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote